WAY - Chapter 20

Selena's POV

"So what's up?" Demi asked once we sat down at a table. "I just wanted to apologize for that night and for not trying to fix things earlier and I'm sorry it took this long to realize that you are more important to me then anything else. Including being popular and having a hot boyfriend" I ranted only to hear Demi laugh.

"Finally after a fucking month you realize how fucking amazing I am" Demi said a little too loud making heads turn towards us causing Demi to throw her hand over her mouth then let out a muffled laugh. "I realized how fucking amazing you were a long time ago. I guess I just forgot" I told her shrugging my shoulders a little. 

"Well next time, don't forget" she smiled pointing her finger at me making me chuckle. "So we're good?" I asked her. "Of course we're good" she answered making the both of us smile. 

"So tell me, how's popular life doin ya?" Demi asked taking a sip of her coffee. "Pretty cool I guess. I mean, much different than being a loser" I sighed playing with the opening flap of the lid. "Oh really? And how so?" she asked raising an eyebrow. "I mean, everyone always talks to you and asks for advice and then you have that pressure to always look good and be better than everyone else. It's kind of weird to be honest" I told her only to hear her laugh.

"So did you and Dylan do it yet?" she smirked over at me as she wiggled her eyebrows making me choke on my steaming hot coffee. "Jesus Demi not when I'm drinking!" I coughed making her laugh. "And no we didn't and I'm gonna keep it that way. You know how I feel about that" I told her and she nodded in return. 

"Yeah I know it's just I know how charming he can be and he always gets what he wants so I was just making sure you didn't fall through or anything" she told me. "Wait, how do you know his 'charms'?" I asked her suspiciously. "Selena I know more about him then you do. Don't forget you've only been here for how long?" she questioned making me purse my lips. "Alright I get it" 

"Exactly. As much as I hate the guy, actually I have nothing else to say I just hate the guy" she said finishing up her cup of coffee. "Yeah well I'm not exactly his biggest fan either anymore" I told her. "What did he do this time?" she asked. "I just finally realized that he was a dick" I replied making the both of us laugh. 

"Alright let me take you home since it's still pouring rain outside" Demi spoke up just as I finished my coffee as well. We got up and threw out our empty cups before going out the side door and ran towards her car, laughing along the way as rain poured down on us. 

"Do you like Jason?" Demi asked me out of no where. "What?" I snapped my head to look at her. "Not like that but like, in a friendly way. Is he cool or nice or whatever?" Demi clarified. "Why? You like him?" I smirked at her. 

"What? No! You know I like Ryan. I just, I don't know. You're tutoring him so you must know him better than anyone else. What's he like? Cause obviously he's not smart if you're tutoring him" she smiled jokingly making me gasp. "Thanks Dems. And he is smart. Just not in math. But he's cool I guess. I mean when I go over there to tutor him it's just strictly math. But when we talk through our window, yeah his room is literally right across from mine so I have to see him like all the time, so when we talk it's kind of, nice. He's funny and he's kind of dorky but in a sweet way. I don't know but I can for sure say he's not a bad guy" I told her and she took a second to process everything. 

"If he's a nice guy and all, why is he so shy to everyone at school? Well not shy. I can't say shy, but like distant. Why is he so distant?" she asked me. "I don't know. I never really asked him about it" I shrugged in response. 

"You should get him to open up then. I mean you are the only one he talks to" she said. "Demi if people found out that" I began before she cut me off. "Yeah yeah you'll lose your popularity and shit blah blah blah" she rolled her eyes making me sigh. 

Was it really worth it? 

Getting one kid to open up for me to lose everything I ever wanted in life? 

Justin's POV

Oh showers. How much I love them. 

The nice hot water hitting the back of my head, trailing down my body making my muscles relax under the warmth. 

After about 15 minutes, I decided it was time to get out before I hear my grandparents complain about the water bill. 

Stepping out of the shower, I quickly grabbed the towel off of the rack and rubbed the towel against the top of my head, drying off my hair before wrapping it around my waist and tucking in one end of the towel to keep it up. 

I wiped my hand against the mirror before looking at my reflection, noticing my hair is getting really long. Hopefully I can lose this stupid wig soon. 

I walked out of the bathroom and headed towards my room, before I stood frozen at the sight of Ryan and Chaz in front of me. 

"Justin?" they knotted their eyebrows in confusion, their mouths hung slightly open. Shit. "Umm. Funny story actually" I chuckled nervously as my hand flew up to scratch the back of my neck. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Ryan snapped. 

"Better question is what are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest. "I forgot some of my stuff from when we were friends so I asked your grandma if I could pick them up. Plus I heard your cousin lives here now" Ryan told me. 

"Wait, my cousin?" I asked in confused. "Jason? I figured he was your cousin since his last name was Dale" Ryan said. Shit. Why did he not say anything about that? How did I not figure that out? How did anyone not figure that out? 

"So is your cousin here or not?" Ryan asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "Jason's not my cousin" I told him only to get an even more confused look from the two. Mind as well tell them. 

I walked back to the bathroom, grabbing a pair of boxers and shorts and a t-shirt to change into on the way. Coming back into my room with my wig and my glasses on, Ryan and Chaz stood there in shock. 

"WHAT THE FUCK? You were here the entire fucking time dressed as someone else? What the fuck are you doing?"Ryan screamed making me shush him. "Dude shut up my grandparents are downstairs don't fucking scream like that" I snapped at him only to earn an eye roll from Ryan. 

"So what was your brilliant plan that made you become the school's loser?" Chaz finally spoke up. "It wasn't my plan. Scooter made me come back to Canada to get a reality check but he realized that wouldn't work for Justin Bieber so he made me disguise myself and go back to high school. I just had to dress like a fucking nerd and that's why I'm a loser but I'm glad I am because I fucking realized how shitty of a person I was so I guess Scooter's plan worked" I told them and the room fell silent. 

"So if you finally got your reality check, why don't you just leave?" Ryan finally spoke up breaking the silence. "Because I don't want to go back to my old life. You know how much I hate my life now that I look back at it? I'm surrounded by a bunch of idiots who just want to get high all the time, girls only want me because I'm Justin Bieber, I can't even go to a skate-park without being called a fag and a little girl and all that shit! For once I could be normal. But now karma is biting my ass and I'm a loser at school but for some reason I'm ok with that" 

After I finished my rant, the room fell silent once again. That is until Chaz broke it by wrapping one arm over my shoulder and another under my arm giving me a man hug and I immediately hugged him back. "It's good to have you back bro" he chuckled pulling away making me smile slightly. "Even though it's weird seeing you in a wig" he laughed grabbing the top of my wig and pulled it off before putting it onto his own head and dancing around making me and Ryan laugh. 

"You're not going to be a dick anymore?" Ryan asked once we finished our laughing fit. "I'll try not to" I replied confused to where he was going with this. The next thing I knew, his arm was locked around my neck as he pulled me down to give me a noogie on the head making me laugh as I pushed him off. 

"It's good to have you back man" he smiled once he let me go. "It's good to be back" 

oooo so Ryan and Chaz know :O

I wonder what's going to happen if they know.... :>

so... will selena choose to get justin to open up? or will she choose to keep her popularity?

XOXOXOXO

-Maddie <3