Chapter 19

recap: 

I decided I'd sit down. So I did. I sat down in a nearby seat and watched the swirls of the ghost zone. My eyes started to feel heavy, I let the darkness consume me.

______________________________

Danny's  P.O.V

    When I woke up from my nap and looked around. I was in the Spectar Speeder. I then remembered what happened, I got up and walked towards the front where Jack was still sitting.

"Hey, dad. How's everything?" I asked. 

"Nothing bad has happened, so I'm sure we'll be fine." Jack said. 

"Hopefully." I mumbled. 

"What was that Danny-boy?" Jack asked. 

"Nothing! I'm gonna go check on Valerie, be right back." I walked towards the back and opened the door to see Maddie in the same spot, the same with Valerie. 

"So, how's it going?" I asked. 

"We've just talked...that's all." Valerie said. 

I glanced at Maddie, her eyes were also on me. 

"Well you'll be switching with me in a minute or two, so let me go tell my dad that I'm going to be watching Maddie." I explained. 

"Hey wait a minute!" Maddie said. 

"What is it?" I replied. 

"You called Jack 'dad.' Why can't you call me 'mom?'" Maddie questioned. 

"Because you don't earn the right. I forgive dad, but you? Oh no! Not in a million years will I ever forgive you." I spat.  

I walked out of the room and slammed the door. I walked to where dad was sitting. 

"Hey dad, I'm going to switch places with Val so I'll only be probably an hour or two in there with Maddie." I said. 

"Alright, but just be careful. You know how she acts." Jack warned.

"Yeah I know, thanks for the warning though." I smiled. 

I walked back to the storage room and walked in. I looked at Maddie. 

"Alright Val, you can go rest or do whatever." I said. 

"Are you going to be alright?" she asked. 

"Yeah, I'll be fine, don't worry about me." I said. 

"Alright then." she opened the door and walked out, leaving Maddie and I alone. 

It was a bit awkward since we hated each other so much. We glanced at each other a few times but didn't say a word. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"So, are you going to say something or stay quiet like a cat hunting it's prey?" she asked smirking. 

"I know what you are trying to do Maddie. You know that." I said. 

"Oh I know, But I thought you said that I know nothing of you. Seems you are taking back your word." she said. 

"No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you know that won't fire me up. So don't even try." I said. 

"Fine, I guess you can just sit there and rot while I sit here. Thinking of more plans." she teased. 

I glanced at her and looked out the nearby window. I could see we had gone past Vlad's portal so that meant we were half way across the Ghost Zone. As I was looking out the window I heard shuffling. I look towards Maddie and see her untied. I quickly get up.