Chapter 17

recap: 

"We cannot tell anyone and I mean anyone about this alright? This just between us." I said.

"Alright." Sam and Tucker said in unison.

~end of flashback~

  ______________________________

Danny's P.O.V 

Jack looked sad. Almost as if he had lost someone special to him. 

"Are you okay?" I asked. 

"Y-yeah I'm fine, just..a bit shocked is all." he looked towards the ground. 

"Youd don't seem okay." I frowned. 

"How? How could you have gone through that all on your own?" Jack asked. 

"I had Sam and Tucker with me, they helped me through everything. Even now they are still helping because they know that I can't do anything without their help...if it were for them I'd be dead and have my pelt on Skulker's wall." I chuckled. 

"Danny....I'm sorry for ignoring you for all this time. I just wish I knew so I could help you so you didn't have to struggle this much." he sighed. 

"Ja-dad it's okay, I'm fine and alive and I'm sure that's what matters right now." I smiled.

"Yeah, you're right." Jack said. 

"So, how is Maddie doing?" Jack asked. 

"I locked her up in a cell down in the dungeon to let her think of what she has done. I'm only going ot let her think either till she has made up her mind or when it's time to go. If she hasn't made up her mind by then...I'd keep her tied up and have her sitting in the bakc of the ship till we got back home." I explained. 

"Doesn't that seem a bit too harsh son?" he asked. 

"There's nothing wrong with that. Either we don't do anything, or we let her carry on her plan of eliminating me and eliminating others in the process to get what she wants." I foled my arms. 

"Seems reasonable." Jack sighed. 

"I'm going to go check on Maddie and see if she has made up her mind." I got up and started for the dungeon. 

"Could I come with you?" he asked. 

"Sure I guess." I shrugged. 

Jack and I walked (I floated) down towards the dark downstairs known as the dungeon. As we were walking towards Maddie's cell I had noticed how uncomfortable Jack had looked. 

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah, why'd ya ask?" he questioned. 

"You just looked uneasy." I said. 

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." he chuckled. 

We had made it to Maddie's cell. She was still sitting in the place where I had put her. 

"Have you made up your mind?" I asked sternly.

"Yes, I have actually." she said. 

"And so what is your answer?" I said. 

"I'm still going to carry out my plan no matter what." she smirked. 

"You can try but it'll never work." I spat.

"Oh it'll work. I'll have Jack by my side, won't you Jack?" she asked. 

"Mads, I would never go against our own son. Why don't you accept him?" Jack said sadly.