Revealed At Last

“That is so awesome!” 12 yells out as soon as we pass by a sign saying ‘Welcome to MeadowFalls’.

Nate, on the other hand, looks green. I hope he’s not going to puke…

“Shit,” I curse, missing another car in millimeters. The driver honk and yell profanities at me, making me chuckle. He’s lucky there are no scary mothers with young children around.

“I don’t feel so good,” Nate grumbles, holding his stomach.

I grin at him. “Almost there,” I say, taking a sharp U-turn towards the pack house.

“Thank God,” he mumbles to himself.

Once we pass the security, which no one is there, I’m starting to get worried. The pack territory looks deserted. Well, except for pack house’s front lawn.

“She’s a rogue!”                                  

“Dangerous!”

“Alpha, with all due respect, the majority wins. She is to die,” a very familiar voice says in a loud voice formally.

“No! Mum, don’t!” Gwen screams.

I apply brakes to the Ferrari, making it screech loudly. All the werewolves’ head snap at our direction. I put on my shades and hand Nate his.

He takes it without hesitation, although he looks like he’s going to puke. I turn to look at 12.

“Welcome to MeadowFalls,” I tell her, grabbing my weapons just in case the situation turns ugly.

“I can’t believe no police were after us with your crazy driving,” Nate grumbles, grabbing his knives.

“They were,” I tell him. His eyes widen in disbelief. “It’s just that they are not fast enough to catch up.”

Nate grimaces. “Once this is all over, no boost.”

I smirk at him. “Now, let’s see what’s going on and maybe reveal our secret to the whole pack.”

Without waiting for an answer, I step out of the Ferrari, followed by Nate and 12.

Now all werewolves glare in our direction. Once they notice Nate and me, they stiffen.

Gwen looks relief and her eyes bloodshot. She is holding her mum’s arm, almost as if she’s trying to shake her mum. Nate, 12 and I walk towards Alpha Green, who is standing in the middle of the werewolves and next to Beta Goldsmith, future Alpha Antoine Green, Emma and Gwen.

It looks like Emma has finally found out the existence of werewolves. Not to mention, she’s the future Luna for the pack.

Cassie is on the floor with silver around her wrists and legs. Her forehead is covered with sweat and her eyes shows that she’s happy that Nate and I are here.

Gwen and Cassie looks at 12 in curiosity.

“Alpha Green, nice to meet you again,” I say when I’m in front of him.

His son, Antoine snarls threateningly at me. So is the pack, excluding Gwen.

“You have no business in my territory, hunter,” he growls at me. I notice him clenching his fists by his sides.

“I have every right to be here,” I say, kneeling down so I can free Cassie.

“You butchers,” Alpha Green’s son spits, launching towards me.

“No, Antoine!” I hear Gwen screams in the background.

I am caught by surprised when he punches me in the cheek. I can feel my cheeks starting to bruise. When he realize I didn’t move, his mouth snaps open in shock.

Cassie’s eyes flashes red in anger. She starts to shake violently. I am afraid she’ll turn into a Lycan soon.

“Calm down, Cass,” I whisper without pain. His punch is powerful, I’ll admit, but I had worse.

She nods as her shaking lowers.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” I say in my hunter voice.

Before I can do anything, Nate punches Antoine. “How – ” Punch in the face. “ – dare – ” Kick in the ribs. “ – you!” Nate sends the future Alpha flying. All the werewolves glare at Nate. A few are growling and taking a step towards Nate.

“Stop,” Alpha Green orders, making all the werewolves stops what they’re doing. I swear some of them are not even breathing.

I quickly take the advantage of the distraction and free Cassie. Her arms wrapped around my neck as she squeezes oxygen out of me.

“I knew you would come,” she whispers, sounding broken.

She lets go of me so I can breathe. I grin at her and say, “I’ll always come, kid.”

Gwen hugs a very-looking angry Nate, making everyone gasps. Nate calms down as soon as they make contact.

“I miss you,” she says.

Beta Goldsmith rips Gwen’s arms off Nate. “What the hell are you doing, Gwen?”

Nate looks at Beta Goldsmith and calmly says, “I’m her mate.”

Beta Goldsmith looks from Gwen, to Nate, to me and then to 12.

“Liar,” she growls, standing in front of Gwen protectively. “Nate is her mate.”

Nate rips off his shades. “I am Nate!”

And that is how our secret that we have been keeping for seven years is thrown out of the window.

Author's Note

Hello! I have a feeling that I'm going to turn into a zombie by next week because of stupid exams. (Ughhh) Anyway, if you hadn't notice, this is the 70th update for The Hunter in Meadow Falls (Yaaaaay!) and you know what this means! I read every comment posted and some of them makes me laugh. One of it says she's going to poke my eyeballs out with a butter knife because of the fake update and I told my friends about the comment, they laughed! It's scary! *shudders* They said that I'm influencing you guys to the world of sadistic thingys. Whoever wrote the comment about the butter knife, thank you for humoring my friends. (Note the sarcasm)

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.