Chapter 9

Things just turned really awkward between me, Ethan and Nate. The only thing I knew about this was that Nate’s Dad was single and both of them moved to America for a year, or so I heard. The only thing that’s worse about this situation is that those two are step-brothers - close step-brothers. They both stood there expecting a reply from me. I knew Nate was checking me out (I’m really flattered). Who knew he could ever be so devious? Both of them were like angels, I’m serious, they are extremely drop-dead gorgeous – like me.

“Why are you standing there like a statue?” Nate says troubled by my reaction. This was totally embarrassing because I realised my mouth wasn’t closed so I looked a tad... retarded.   

“I’m sorry but it is a bit strange to see you two as step-brothers. You guys come across as best mates. It’s hard to place you two as brothers, step-brothers actually, it’s weird isn’t it?” I say as I was blabbing my mouth away.

 They didn’t seem too keen on listening to what I was saying. I just made a really bad second impression on Ethan. Wait a minute, I should be impressing Nate not Ethan, it’s like I am two different people. If only I could have both of them to myself, if only.

“I’m glad you ‘approve’ of us being brothers. I know it’s a bit out of the blue but can you tell Katie that we need to talk. It’s really urgent,” Nate says as his voice turns a bit mellow in the end. Oh god, why did he have to be so gorgeous?

“Of course Nate, I’ll tell her. Hey have any of you seen Angie? I need to talk to her. It’s a bit urgent as well but she’s really getting on my nerves now so I need to deal with her ASAP,” I say in an irritated way.

 Someone needs to deal with Angie now; I am getting sick of her lies. Maybe Taylor was right, revenge is a good way to get back at someone. Angie was just stuck in my head after when Nate said something. It didn’t really link to his question, but it just sounded like the right time to say it.

“Hey you shouldn’t be too hard on her. I’ve known you since childhood but doing this just made me change my opinion of you,” Nate says in a saddened way. What other lies did this snitch spread now?

“If you honestly think that I’m that type of girl Nate, then I don’t want to talk to you. People are constantly pointing fingers at me for making her upset. I of all people ‘blackmailed’ her. What kind of lie is that?”

“Yeah but everyone has a soft spot for her now. I never have seen Angie lied before. What would make her lie now?” He says in a disturbed manner.

 Oh god, he fell for the “drama queen” act she pulled off. How could he believe her? Out of all the people Nate believed her crocodile tears. Ethan just stood there and he didn’t have a clue on what was going on. Normally people would walk away from this ridiculous stuff but because he didn’t know the way around school, he stayed. I couldn’t blame him for eavesdropping. 

“You’ve known me much longer than her, why won’t you believe me? Is it because I am not ‘good enough to be your friend’? Is it?” I say with my tone serious. He looks uncertain of my answer. I do a betrayed scoff and I set out to turn around to leave. Nate grabs me as I paced just a bit from them.

“Of course I believe you. If you want to know what she said then I’ll tell you. Angie said that you threatened her to leave you and Drew’s relationship alone. She says you even admitted to killing her cat. Maybe I believed it for a second but I totally think she’s a pathetic liar. She’s a bit... obsessed with you. Don’t you think that to?”

“Yeah she’s a bit mental to be honest. I can’t believe she still has the nerve to spread rumours at me. Two can play at this game. She’ll get what’s coming at her. I’ll make sure of that,” I stated. I could tell by his face that he was a tad frightened when I got maddened.