Chapter 4

I couldn’t believe my eyes. I actually rubbed it twice to see if I were actually dreaming. I was still hiding in the bush for the past 5 minutes since I had seen them... smooch. I wasn’t this upset in a really long time until I saw this bizarre thing. I couldn’t handle the way I reacted towards this. They were all lovey-dovey towards each other. She didn’t think that this would hurt me this much? People can lie, people can cheat but if a best friend did this to you, what do you think I would’ve done? I couldn’t handle my feelings anymore. You can call me a huge loser now because tears of betrayal were dripping down my eyes.

 I realised that they were the one who had an on and off relationship. I figured it was between me and him because he kept winking at me and his ex was rude to me ever since I was in middle school. Didn’t she know how this would upset me? I understand why she didn’t tell me about this. It was actually this type of thing that made me eat tubs of chocolate ice-cream. I now finally realised how stupid I was to think he was the one interested in me. I was the loser friend.

 I couldn’t believe that they were going to do this on the double-date day – in front of me. I couldn’t stand to be here another second. Were they actually going to own up that me and his cousin Nate were supposed to be on the double date? That all along they wanted to tell me about this on the date. They were still being cutesy and were being way too cheesy to each other. I leave sulking. I never underestimated what type of friend she was. I never wanted to be her friend again. As much as she apologises, she was gone from my life. It wasn’t harsh to me but if you thought about it from my side of what she put me through, it was the right thing to do.    

 I came back home exhausted, betrayed, vulnerable, tired, upset, and hurt besides all the other lowlife words I should call myself for being so stupid. I wasn’t going to shower you with needless words of how I felt right now. There wasn’t anyone to talk to right now. It would’ve been weird if I stayed there and went with Nate on the date. We’ve known each other from childhood. Awkward would’ve been the word for that situation.

 Watching home movies was what I did the next couple hours or so. I get a vibration alert from Angie. It was 5 minutes past 7. I guess I was “late” to the date I thought that Drew asked me out on. I threw my phone on the wall because I was irritated by the fact that she lied to me. It wasn’t like it was a brilliant phone. It was a 20 quid phone so it didn’t mean that much to me. A few minutes later there was a phone call from my house phone. I checked the number and it was Angie’s number. If I threw this phone, I’d be paying the bills for the next few months. I let it call repeatedly. I was so livid about this “lying game” they put me through that I actually unplugged the telephone wires.

 Mum comes home with bundles of shopping bags from the new shopping centre in Davison Way. It was only a 15 minute walk away. I saw bags from big designers in her hands. What one earth happened to her this time?  Either it’s her hormones or she’s having confusion on something to do with her mental-breakdown.      

“Mum, what on earth is going on with you? When Dad cheated on you I would’ve thought you would have been a bit upset.”

“Stop worrying about that and I’ve bought you something nice things from Top-shop. It was very expensive and the things I do for you Ali,” she winks at me. I hated winks so bad now. I started to hate Drew a lot more by the second now. He’s gone from my life now. I wish he and Angie can go to hell. Actually, that’s a bit too mean. They should just... think about what they have done. She starts laughing randomly. I smell her breath just in case if she took anything weird and it stinks of alcohol. She was drinking.

“Wow Mum, thanks a lot I guess.” I smile in a grudge way.

“Angie called me on my mobile phone before I came. She was asking on your whereabouts. How come you didn’t go to the date?” She asks concerned. I didn’t want to tell her about what happened. I had to since I had no-one else to talk to.