You Are Insecure (Ashton + Luke)

A S H T O N

You stand in front of the mirror, clutching your stomach. You slowly lift the soft hem of your shirt and reveal the area you were most insecure about, before quickly dropping it again and looking away.

It was a kind of torture you couldn't help but put yourself through every night. You could preach about body acceptance all you wanted but the truth was you could never convince yourself.

"Babe?" You hear a small voice from the doorway.

"Uh, hey Ash," You force a smile and smooth down your shirt before walking over to your boyfriend. You hoped you'd sound natural but a crack in your voice gives the entire game away.

He must have been standing in the doorway for a while, as you can see the concern lines on his face. He studies your features carefully before speaking; "You know you're beautiful, right?"

You simply shake your head and looks towards you. Ashton closes the distance between you and lifts your chin so that you are looking directly into his eyes using his thumb and index finger.

"You're perfect, I promise you that," you can tell he's telling the truth. You can always tell when Ashton is telling the truth.

"I love you," You whisper.

"I love you too," Ashton grins, showing off his gorgeous dimples, planting a kiss to your forehead and pulling you into his chest for a tight hug.

L U K E

'Why does he even like we, she's not even pretty'

'@Luke5SOS you know you could do way better than (Y/N) right?'

You throw your phone across the room, years streaming down your face. How dare they say things like that? Why couldn't they accept yours and Luke's relationship?

But at the back of your mind you could never push away the idea that they could be right.

That's why every night ended with this, you couldn't avoid the hate and it always got the better of you. But you would never let Luke know, he has been so busy recently doing shows and interviews and recording that you wouldn't want to burden him further.

A knock at the door awoke you from you thoughts causing you to jump in surprise. You quickly wipe away any smudged mascara and prayed for the best while opening the door. Behind it was your tall smiling boyfriend, Luke. Even the sight of him could make you grin uncontrollably. But his smile dropped.

"Are you okay? You look like you've been crying..." He said softly, taking your face in his soft hands. Your eyes begin to fill with tears, immediately giving the game away.

"I-It's nothing, I promise," You shake your head and try to move away, but it was obvious you were lying.

"What happened honey?" He whispered, his blue eyes penetrating yours and you know you can't lie to him.

"I've just been receiving a bit of hate on twitter recently, it's fine really..."

"No, it's not fine!" Luke says, his eyebrows furrowed. "You should've told me..." His volume is lowered now and he pulls you in for a right hug. "I'll sort this out, I promise."

"Thank you Lukey," You mumble and kiss him on the cheek gently.

Later you check your twitter mentions and a tweet from Luke appears;

'Please so hating on my beautiful girlfriend @(Y/T/N), the hate you send her hurts me as much as it hurts her. I love her to pieces and nothing can change that. xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!

It's been months, I'm really sorry. School work has gotten in the way, but I really wanted to update because I realised I've reached 41k reads which is insane? Thank you so much!

Sorry these aren't very long. If you have an interesting idea for an imagine (ie not the typical ones) then please message me with your idea and if it interests me I'll write it (: Also prompts like this one where I could write different scenarios for each boy would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

- Jenni xx