Coffee With Luke With A Twist

Luke slurps the coffee the waitress had just given him. You smile, but then remember why you'd asked him to come here. This is nothing to smile about.

He looks up and notices the expression in your eyes. "Wait, what's going on?"

You push the hot drink away, suddenly not thirsty. "Luke..."

U

"No." He says. "I don't like that tone, please don't dance around the topic, just tell me."

You look down. "I just don't think we can maintain this relationship with you going away on tour."

Still you refuse to make eye contact.

"No..." Luke's voice is desperate. "We can. I know we can."

You pause, then look up. Luke's eyes are already brimming with tears and there is pain visible in his eyes. "You can Luke, you're strong, but I'm not. We both know that."

He falls back in his chair now, the tears falling and his breathing shaky. He runs a hand through his soft hair. "This can't be happening." He looks at the wall and tries to steady his breathing.

You can't control yourself anymore and your head falls into your hands, tears streaming down your face.

"Hey, look at me," Luke says, and you look up. He grabs your hands and squeezes them. "Please, you can't do this. We need each other." He pauses for a moment. "I... I need you."

What were you thinking? How could you ever let Luke go?

But at the same time, how were you going to last 8 months without seeing him?

"8 months is too long, Luke." You mumble reluctantly.

"I know it's a long time but we can call and text and Skype or whatever everyday. I won't let you be alone." He squeezes your hand once more and looks hopefully into your eyes.

You're hesitant, but it's Luke. It's always been Luke. You couldn't live without him, the light of your day and the only person who made you really happy.

Luke can tell your reluctant, so he leans across the table to press his forehead against yours. "I love you. This is going to work, I promise. I don't know what I'd do if you left me."

You finally smile. "I love you too Luke."

He smiles back, relieved. He presses his lips firmly to yours before pulling away and sitting back down.

"Now don't you ever scare me like that again, okay?" He says jokingly and chuckles. "I love you, always remember that."