Chapter 18

Hey loves.

Not much to say here, I think I've already complained about how much homework and tests I've been getting, but ugh! I've been so busy (lol procrastinating a lot) so I haven't really had time to write at all. I think I'll be uploading a chapter every weekend, is that okay with you guys? At least until holidays.

I'll be honest, not much happens in this chapter. But I'm pretty happy with it, and there will be a lot of romantic, dramatic and other things to come. Keep voting and commenting, and thank you for the support!

-Yasmin xx

-------------------------------

Chapter 18

Harry’s POV

“I’d love to.” she smiled back.

Woo hoo! I cheered to myself, although keeping a calm composure on the outside. What I had done was completely spontaneous, but I kind of liked that. Whenever I tried to do something romantic, majority of the times it worked really well. No matter how tacky it was girls would swoon. Yet with Acacia, I admit the plan Niall created (which I had sort of contributed to) failed epically. I hate using that word, epic, but it was the truth.

But it confirmed what I was thinking all this time.

Acacia is not an average girl. She’s something special.

By average girl, I mean the women I normally date. They all seem to blend into the same type after a while. I just had a relationship that most guys desired, but I got tired of it. You know; meeting a girl, getting her phone number. Bedroom action. No strings attached.

 Don’t get me wrong, I’m not generalising women in the slightest. But I just began to have a type after being in the dating game for so long. And in a metaphorical sense, I don’t know whether I’m a winner or a loser in the ‘game’. After all, I’ve been with so many girls. Models, strippers, actresses, singers, journalists, fit girls that you meet at a club. I used to pride myself on that. I guess I became, and still am, known as the ladies man. But is that a good thing? Maybe I’m just misinterpreting what ‘The Dating Game’ truly is; perhaps I’ve won. I know one thing though – I haven’t won at ‘The Love Game’.

The Love Game can change your life, for better or the worse. It has the potential to break your heart and throw you completely of course, or make you the happiest person in the world. It could change your life – send you spiralling downwards or give you inspiration to make a better person out of yourself. It all depends how you play it. But there’s a catch – there are no cheats. If you try, you might lose the game and lose the girl.

“How about I give you a tour of some landmarks around here?” I asked, embracing my inner spontaneity.

“Won’t people recognise you?”

A surge of bitterness shot through me, and I broke eye contact with her. I won’t let my emotions get the better of me. Not this time.