Chapter 16

Hey everyone! 

First of all a HUGE thank you to everyone for getting me up to 20,000 reads! I never thought it would get this far and I'm so grateful.

I'm in the process of moving house at the moment, so the internet has to be sorted out and it won't be at the new house until next Friday/Saturday. So you'll have to wait a while for the next chapter, sorry guys :(

Please continue to vote and comment. Love you!

-Yasmin xx

---------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 16:

Liam’s POV

After the whole exciting Mario event, Louis, Zayn, Harry and Acacia eventually left leaving me and Niall. This normally happened when we all caught up together. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t like we didn’t enjoy each other’s company, but after all the signings, recording and promotions we definitely needed some alone time. But that’s what Niall and I have in common. Niall just isn’t an independent person, nor am I. We can fend for ourselves but we need to be with company to truly feel happy.

That’s really the basis of me and Niall’s friendship. I remember when we first went to the bungalow in order to bond with each other and essentially become best mates. It wasn’t as easy as it sounds – our personalities are all vastly different and in all honesty, it’s lucky that we ended up becoming so close and truly a band. In the start we were all introverts, waiting for someone to break the ice. And of course, that person was Niall.

Just like that, I knew we could be friends. Although I was unsure how the band (which was before we had the name One Direction) was going to go Niall and I could rely on each other. One of his weaknesses is that his emotions completely guide him which isn’t a good idea when he’s upset or frustrated because they can distort his rational. Essentially I was the person that could keep him level headed and focused, and he's the one that can cheer me up when I begin to worry too much. We worked well together

But I think that’s why I was so worried about him and Harry – although I was furious at Harry after everything he did, after everything he put us through, it was nothing compared to Niall. Harry shoving Niall to the ground, consequently breaking his arm, became viral after it was uploaded to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube...literally any site that had a video option. We had to avoid torrents of questions about it wherever we went – there would always be paparazzi constantly shoving microphones in our face, cameras clicking widely and screaming barrages of insults at Harry and Niall to try and get a reaction so they could ask them about the event.

I don’t know how Harry felt, because he just remained silent and stony through everything. We were all incredibly frustrated with his behaviour, but more concerned with Niall. He acted the same as Harry, just sat there completely mute and the most he would do when we asked him a question was a slight head nod or a shrug. But I knew him well – the indifferent act couldn’t last long because his emotions would get the better of him, as the always do.

I remember walking into his room, looking for my favourite jacket because the temperatures were dropping considerably which was expected from England. But as soon as I opened the door, I found him just sitting on his bed, head in his hands, choking sobs rocking his body. I can’t remember how I reacted, but I think I sprinted to him. Seeing him like that, so fragile with this terrible hurt he felt...the pain was indescribable.