Chapter 30 - FINAL CHAPTER

So, Merry Christmas to you all! I've managed to upload this at 11.59, so I've just made it (but then again I will be proofreading so I will upload this on the 26th, but lets pretend). I want this to be a Christmas present to you all, and I know you hate waiting.

I should be putting this in the epilogue, or the author's note (which I will be doing - I need to thank so many people!), but thank you so, so much for all your votes and comments. I know I'm sounding like a broken record by now, but you all are the most amazing people.

I teared up a little when I wrote this. Because it's ending, it's really ending, and it feels so surreal. But this chapter has been the most fun for me to write, and I've spent 7 hours on it because that's how much fun I was having. I can't believe I've written it in one day, but there you go.

Just to be clear, when paragraphs are in italics they either are emphasis on a word, thoughts (what Acacia's thinking), or a letter, but the main use of italics are to indicate a past memory. So when large chunks of text are in italics it's a memory. So many italics! But I think it'll be obvious which ones which.

I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I did. ---Epilogue will be up soon---

Love always,

-Yasmin xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things were better from then on. It's not like things were perfect - we were in the middle of a long and tricky court case (thankfully with the odds pointed towards our favour) - but we were making progress there. Relationships were improved for starters; Will  looked at me with suspicious eyes as I explained things to him, with Harry adding things now and then, our hands intertwined under the desk. And with a small nod, he accepted the explanation.

But, when the time came for the decision whether to renew their contract, it was decided that One Direction would no longer be signed with their management. Will had become overly aggressive and controlling again, with them working long hours (and by long, I mean ridiculously long, and the bags under their eyes could no longer by completely hidden by concealer much to Zayn's dismay), and that was that. Companies were throwing themselves at them to sign them, deals proposed left right and centre, but they eventually decided on a reputable company that respected what they said and had a successful streak with their artists. Their new manager, Mark, seemed pretty cool as well ("He has dreadlocks! Dreadlocks!" Harry said excitedly).

It had been a year and a half since that day that we found out about the whole father-being-blackmailed ordeal. We, as in Harry and I. And things were tricky at first; knowing our relationship had been a complete set up. But we got over it, because that was a past. A past full of mistakes, yes, but it was time to turn over a new leaf and look at the present. We weren't weighed down by the man with cold blue eyes talking to the media about our relationship anymore, we were together. Plain and simple. And that's how we both liked it.

We've been able to meet up a few times, but due to conflicting schedules it's not like he could just miss a concert or I can miss a fashion show. The worst days is when I can't speak to him because his time zone is completely different, and that's when I feel lonely. Because I had gotten used to his low, gentle voice that used to whisper 'Goodnight, Acacia', the lips that I used to feel against my own, the large hands intertwined with my fingers, the dark curly hair, the steady beating of his heart. And when I spoke to him through a computer screen, it just wasn't enough for me. And sometimes, I'd reach my fingers out to that small webcam, because I just wanted to reach him, to touch him. But the pixelated screen was just a divider. And then he'd smile sadly and say 'Soon,' but soon became weeks and weeks became months and I didn't think soon was that soon at all.