♕ Chapter 9

====> the awesome side banner is made by Kaylm15 :)

       Rose and Seth didn't talk in the limo. She didn't dare to make fun of him, tease him, or even make stupid jokes. Seth looked troubled and moody. Rose felt guilty. Seth looked like he really did like Jessica. If he didn't, why would he be silent now and be thinking hard. Rose's heart crushed when she knew her own husband was in love with someone else.

       They climbed out from the limo when they reached the castle. Seth was still motionless as they walked to their chambers. Rose wanted to ask him if he was all right but she was afraid that he might be angry. She wanted to know whether it was true, was Jessica his ex-girlfriend. He took off his blazer and slammed himself onto the couch.

      "Are you okay?" Rose asked full of concern, sitting on the couch opposite to his. Seth shrugged and ignored her. He closed his eyes and leaned his body to the cushioned couch. "Seth?" Rose demanded. She just wanted to know if he was okay and if there was anything that she could do for him. 

      "I'm fine," Seth answered, still shutting his eyes. He loosened his necktie and threw it on the table. Rose knew he was lying. There was something inside her that encouraged her to know him better. "Can I ask you something?" Rose said eventually.

      "If it’s about Jessica, there's nothing to ask. She's just my friend," Seth explained. He opened his eyes and found Rose, sitting in front of him and she had that worried look on her face. "You don't have to worry," he told her.

       "You like her?" Rose started, with hope that he would tell her the truth. At least, if she knew the truth, she could do something to make it up to him. But deep down, inside her, she was hurting. Seth shrugged and got up to his feet. "I told you. We're just friends! Plus, I don't have to tell you everything, Rose," he howled and stormed away from there, into his rooms. 

      Rose sighed. Seth was now mad at her. She should have asked him when he was calmer. She had just made a wrong step. Now, everything was getting worse. She remembered about Jessica. She was a real beauty, no wonder Seth liked her. Not just that, she was also elegant, confident, rich, stylish and had soft palms; she was perfect. Rose wouldn't stand a chance.

~~

         "It's very important for you to learn all the Royal Etiquette," Madam Hartford started, circling around her. She was holding three thick books that Rose knew she would have to read. "These books, explain everything," she put down the books in front of her, on the white garden table. "You must finish them all."

            Rose sighed. She took one of it and opened it pages. It was full of words and there wasn’t even a single picture in it. The book was dull, old and was written in an old English, Rose barely understood it. "This will take years," she whined. Madam Hartford smiled warmly. "Not if you read it everyday," she said.

         They were sitting in the Royal Garden, between the castle compound. The garden was beautifully decorated with lots of flowers and bushes of different kind shapes. There was also a small lake, on the other side of the garden. She was having her princess lesson there, wearing a light pink short dress with a light brown hat on her head. Rose gave in to Madam Hartford as she knew nothing would change her mind.

         It was Sunday yet she has to spent her time learning manners and attitude of a princess. Being a princess was no fun at all. She wished that she could turn back the time, back to her own life. She looked at her surroundings and spotted Seth, in the archery field, not too far from the garden. She saw him releasing the arrow and it hit the target. He was good; she could tell. 

      Since their encounter with Jessica, she and Seth had rarely spoken. He became more quite and spent most of his time in his bedroom. Rose turned her eyes towards her private tutor. "Fine. I'll read it," she said. "But can we stop now? I'm tired," she begged and smiled, showing her front tooth. She has been stuck there all morning.