Chapter 1- First Day Back

Start from the beginning

"Well here he comes. Tell me what you think of him now?" She smirked.

I quickly turned around to saw him walking toward us. When my eyes scanned his body my jaw almost hit the floor. He sure changed alright. He was buffer than before and his eyes stood out, they were almost like a golden yellow. They were mesmerizing, I could have easily gotten lost in them. He also had darker and had more grown out hair. Yep he was defiantly hotter. Even I didn't think that was possible.

Not saying he was hot. I don’t think of him that way but if I did then- Ok get back on track Ashlyn! This is Chase remember?

The distance between us was closing in and I thought Crystal was going to hit the floor. She always had a thing for him as did every other girl in school, but he never paid her any mind and now that he looked like this I wondered if her poor heart could take it.

Once he finally made it up to us and he stood looking intently at me before breaking into a smile. As his eyes held mine it felt like we were the only two people in the room. Like no one was around us and the noise in the back ground was totally drowned out cause no distractions between us. It was a strange unexplainable feeling but I couldn’t bring myself to look away from him.

"How ya been Wells?" He asked calling me by my nickname. See we had a thing between us that sometimes we called each other by our last names. It was sort of our thing, no one else used those names but us.

"Pretty good, how about you Coleman?”  

"Never better." He said pulling me into a tight hug.

Instantly I noted he felt a lot stronger than before, as if he squeezed to tight he would break every bone in my body. After a little longer than normal hug he let me go.

 "Hey do you think you could come over to my house after school today?" He asked.

"Sure as long as you’re driving. I rode with Crystal today."

"Not a problem." He smiled grabbing my hand. "Come on lets go to math"

As soon as Chase led us into the class room my heart automatically did a flip. The guy I had a crush on all last year, Josh was sitting on the opposite side of the room staring at me.

 He hasn't changed a bit other than being a little taller. He still had the same gorgeous features he always did, the ones that made my heart melt. He was always very kind to me; granted we only talked a few times last year but nice none the less. We got to know each other a little better since we were paired as partners on last year's history project. His eyes met mine and he smiled as he waved to me. I blushed a little before and waving back.

Chase and I took our seats in the back like we always did, at least that hadn’t change since last year. It was still a few minutes until class started so Chase left his stuff on his desk and said he was going to get something from his locker before class started.

While he was gone I decided to get out my sketch pad and draw a little before class started. I loved drawing, it was such a great past time. I always seemed to get my mind off things that were bothering me and just let my imagination wonder.