Chapter 1

(Note: This story will start off slowly but it will get better you just have to stay around and read.)

*BEEP, BEEP*

I slammed my hand onto my alarm clock, I'm pretty sure I broke it. I crawled out of bed and walked down stairs to the bathroom.

"THE BEAST LIVES!!" My brother, Jake yelled.

"UGG!!" I growled out in annoyance

"IT'S ANGRY!!" My sister, Vickie, yelled.

I was the only one in the family that wasn't a morning person. I brushed my hair and teeth then went to the kitchen to talk to my family.

"Good morning, sweetie." My mom, Ella, greeted.

"Good morning mom."

"When you get home we are going out hunting." My dad, Seth, told me.

P.S. we had to go hunt for animals and drink their blood, since we're vampires.

"Ok." I said, bored

"We need to leave now." My other brother, Felix, called for me.

"Ok, coming."

I hugged my mom and dad good bye then walked out.

"Why do we even have to go to school?"

"Because we don't want to draw attention to ourselves by being the only people who don't go to school."

I knew Felix was right but still, this was the fifth time we went to high school.

We finally got to school and sat outside. I wasn't talking or really listening to my siblings, I was just staring off in space, waiting for the bell to ring.

*RING*

"Finally." I sighed and walked away from my siblings.

I got into class and got all my stuff out, I tuned out all the other kids and luckly no one sat next to me. The teacher was late, which wasn't normal then he walked in, with someone following him.

"Hello class, we are getting a new student today. Would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Yes, Hi I'm Bret. Nice to meet you all."

"Ok, you can sit..."

The teacher looked around the room and his gazed landed on me.

"OH CRAP PLEASE NO!!!" I yelled in my head.

"You can sit beside Alice."

"Ok."

Bret came walking over to me and sat down.

"Hey"

I just scoffed and looked away.

"Not much of a talker are we?"

I almost giggled at her remark but stopped myself.

I was vaguely listening to the teacher talk and looking out the window.

*snore*

I looked over at the sound and saw Bret was asleep next to me. "Oh no." I said in my head.

"BRET!"

Bret jumped up and in the process fell out of her chair to the floor. When she tried to stand up she hit her head on the corner of the table.

"OW!" She yelped, clutching her head.

I couldn't help it and chuckled a little.

She got back up in her chair and had a slight blush from embarrassment on her face.