Shopping spree before mission

"i know where the cup is." Clary told all of us and i just shifted from one foot to another. uncomfortable with this situtation or rather as my ex was currently in the room with the guy i saw him kiss yesturday. tears threatened to fall but i cleared my throat and shook my head from all thoughts of Alec.

he glanced over at me and i just ignored him. it was way to painful for me to be in the same room as him.

"where is it?" i questioned the girl my brother grew fond of. "its a tarot card. my mom must've painted them years ago."

"and where are the cards now?" Alec questioned and i had to shift my gaze so i wouldn't look at him. Izzy rubbed my back soothingly and i gave her a weak smile. Magnus nodded as in a 'continue motion' as he sipped his cocktail giving side glances to Alec.

i looked down and rubbed my arm that was free from the cast. "they were taken when i got there. i dont know if someone took them or if Valentine has them."

"great just great so Valentine might have the cup and were all doomed." Alec growled frustrated and i frowned fighting the urge to calm him down. Magnus walked over to him and placed his hand on his shoulder, "if Valentine had the cup we would all know it. it would be like a Pegasus in Central park and a teenager riding on it. everybody would notice." he stated his simile to which i smirked at.

i saw Alec look over at me but i avoided his gaze again. "Valentine doesnt have the cup. i do." Luke came into the conversation looking like something out of a mummy movie.

"where are they?" i questioned and he smiled at me, "they are in my desk at work. i can go get them and bring them back."

"no offense but you look like Nico who just discovered white for the first time." i mentioned and he stared at me confused. i heard Alec laugh and the sound almost made me smile. if under different circumstances. "its a book shes into." Alec cleared up the confusion.

"you read Percy Jackson?" Magnus asked me suddenly interested in my life. i shrugged, "doesnt matter anyway." i nodded to them all, "just let me know what you guys find. im not sticking around. i cant." i walked out and leaned against the wall for support.

"you alright?" Izzy asked me worried, "i cant stay in the same room as him Izzy. i thought Raphael could get my mind off of it but even last night when i was pouring my heart to my vampire ex boyfriend he was still on my mind. and being in the same room as him? its killing me inside." i confessed to my parabati.

"hey its gonna be alright. Alec will soon realize who he really loves and he will come back to you." i scoffed, "how do you know he will pick me? its obvious something is going on between him and Magnus so why would he pick me?" she sighed and shook her head, "my brother is an idoit. hes lucking out on an incredible girl." i shrugged, "yeah well. cant help who you fall for...." i muttered. "Jace and Clary are going to the police station tomorrow with Luke if you wanted to join. me and Alec are staying behind the Institute to deal with our parents." i nodded, "ill be there. im not backing out of a mission just because my ex will be there." she smiled.

"thats my girl!" she cheered and pulled me into a hug, "now go home you smell like death." she wrinkled up her nose and i rolled my eyes, "what did you expect you rushed me out of my room and not even letting me change or shower. plus i was with Raphael all night who might i add is dead." she rolled her eyes, "you still smell."

"gee thanks Iz!" she laughed at my sarcastic response. Alec came into the hallway and that was my cue to leave, "im gonna take you up on that offer..." i muttered to Izzy and scurried away before Alec decided to talk tome.