3: Text message

Calum walked home from school, adding in Luke, Ashton and Michaels number to his phone.

He gave his to the three boys, but he knows they'll delete his contact and number, after this music project. Who would keep the loners number? No one would. Definitely not Luke or the other two boys, that's for sure. And Calum knew that. He knew they'd just chuck it out, and forget about it the next day. He knew that they will continue to bully him, like nothing ever happened.

But Calum hopes this wouldn't happen. He hopes that they will see 'friend' written on his face, so they be nicer and stop the bullying. As much as it wouldn't bother Calum, it can still get to him. If you say something Calum really doesn't like, his bubble would burst. Especially talking about his family, and how they left him. That's the one thing he loathes the most.

Luke had only said something to do with Calum's family, once before. Calum was very upset about that, and wished no one would speak that way about his family. His parents did not mean to leave Calum with just his sister. It just happened. They were killed. Nothing you can do about it. Once it's too late, it's too late.

Calum felt a tear prick out of his eye, and roll down his cheek. He wiped it away quickly with his sweater sleeve, and sniffled.

He did not want to think about his family. Not one bit. Calum has only got pictures of his parents. Not sister. It was a life changing decision she made. And it was a horrible one. She lives with her husband happily, whilst Calum lives with absolutely no one, upset and miserable mostly every day. If only she knew what he was going through, and maybe, just maybe, she'd make up for her terrible mistake.

Once Calum arrived at his home, he kicked off his shoes, and chucked his bag down on the floor, not caring where it went. He ran upstairs into his room, and closed it slightly.

"I live on my own. What am I doing?" Calum whispered to himself. He reopened the door, and left it wide open. He laughed at his stupidity, then jumped onto his comfortable bed. He snuggled close in the covers, before feeling something vibrate. He knew it was his phone.

Calum pulled it out carefully, then looking at what he received. Was it a text message? A notification?

It had ended up being a text message by Luke. That's weird. Calum thought he'd be the last person Luke would ever text. Though he knew it was just going to be a text about when he was free.

And it was.

'Hi... When are you free so that we can catch up.. Not just us two, but ash and mike.. For the music thing'

Calum could tell, Luke was probably awkward sending this to his victim. Calum was relieved that it wasn't a nasty text. He was happy that Luke sent him that text, other than Michael or Ashton sending it. It was Luke.

Calum smiled to himself, before locking his phone, and laying it down beside him. These next few weeks will be different. Much different. Calum couldn't be more excited for the first time he catches up with the three boys, since he hasn't done that in so long.

It would be such an amazing feeling to Calum, regaining friends again. He wants to be like the other kids at school, going out and having fun. Sleeping over and staying up late with your best friend. Doing what you'd do with your friends. But Calum can't experience that, since no one really wants to be Calum's friend. He doesn't know why. He's as regular as the rest of them.

Calum sighed, before realising that he hadn't replied to Luke's text yet. So he picked up his phone - once again, and sent a text back to Luke.

'Hello. I'm free tomorrow if your not doing anything that day. Any time would be fine'

Surprisingly, Luke sent him a message almost instantly, replying with;

'Okay, we'll come over to your house. Where is it?'

Calum smiled, then sent Luke his address. For Calum, finally socialising with people, is exciting. He wants to make friends again of course. He wants to be happy. Be happy with his friends. And his hoping that Luke will accept him in that way at least.

Calum closed his eyes, and soon drifted off into a peaceful sleep, thinking about different ways Calum could experience life with friends.

Not only did he think of friends, but be thought of Luke. How beautiful he was when the spotlights on him - which is mainly everyday. How his eyes show the colour of the ocean. His legs. His lip ring. Luke couldn't possibly get any sexier.

Calum wants to show that to Luke. To tell him how beautiful he really is. But that's what they all say.

-•-•-•-

Elfslfmwlfakdnalbf

Twerter: @5sos_5evzz

Ig: toxiclukex