8||Seize The Day

Jack, Davey, Les, and Race stand outside of The World Newspaper selling yard. Davey paces behind every before he speaks. "Is anyone else coming?" Davey asks.

"I got no clue." Jack says, leaning against the bars.

"You seen Spot Conlon though, right? What'd he say?" Race asks him.

"Sure we seen him." Jack says, harshly, standing straight.

"Him and about 20 of his gang." Davey continues.

"And them Brooklyn boys is big." Les says softly.

"And I gotta say, Spot was very impressed, wasn't he?" Jack says to Davey.

"I'd say."

"So they're with us?" Race asks excitedly.

"Well that all depends on how you look at it. If you look and see Brooklyn, then they're with us." Davey strictly says to Race.

"They want proof that we're not gonna fold at the first sign of trouble." Jack says.

"Are we?" Finch asks, coming from the back of the group of Manhattan Newsies thats forming.

"We are not! There's us, we got Harlem-"
"Not so fast, boss. Harlem wants to know what Brooklyn's gonna do." Mush says running in.

"What about Queens?" Jack asks the Newsies.

"Hey, Queens'll be right here backing us up," Specs wraps his arms around Jack and Davey before continuing. "Soon as they get the nod from Brooklyn."

"I got the same fish eye in Midtown." Race says.

"Oh, hey, Oscar." Davey says.

"Looks like it was bum information we got about a strike happening here today. Not that I'm complaining, my skull-busting arm could use a day of rest." Oscar Delancey says, opening the gates.

"Are we doin' the right thing?" Les says looking up to his older brother.

"Sure we are." Davey reassures his brother.

"Maybe we just put this off a couple days." Race says shakily.

"No, we can't just put this off..." Davey turns to Jack. "Say something! Tell them if we back off now, they'll never listen to us again."

"Hey, we can't back down now, alright, no matter who does or doesn't show. Like it or not, now is when we take a stand." Jack says.

"What about y/n? She's one of our leaders." A newsie asks Jack.

"I don't know where she is or what she's doing but do you really think she would want us to give up?" Jack asks the boys.

All the boys chatter until y/n appears at the gates. "I sure as hell would not want you to give up. Not when we've gone through so much already." Everyone quickly turns around to face her.

"Y/n?" Davey and Les say as all of the boys' jaws drop.

"Princess?" Jack says moving towards her.

"Cowboy." Y/n step into the yard lifting her skirt so that way she wont trip.

"You look amazing." Jack says leaning in to kiss her.

She quickly side steps the kiss and begins speaking.

"Thank you. Now whats this I hear about my boys giving up?"

"We don't have to give up! How's about we just not show up for work? That'll send the message." Finch says, quickly.

"They'll just replace us! They need to see us stand our ground! Davey, you tell 'em..." Jack says moving back to the group of boys.

Y/n talks to Les trying to help him understand.