14||Brooklyn's Here

Jack slams the sheet on the flat part of printing press. He leans against the press placing his head down as he starts to cry. "Jack..." y/n says reaching for him but he just shakes her off. "See this is why I didn't want you knowing about my father. You think I'm just like him."

"I never said that."

"You didn't have too."

"I should have seen the signs. My father doesn't like you cause your a criminal. He shouted Snyder at you when we ran with Davey and Les. How could I have been so blind?" Jack says sitting on the press.

"Jack I wanted to tell you but I didn't want you to see me as my father. I'm nothing like him and you know that."
"I'm not so sure now."
"I never pretended to be someone I wasn't. Yes I never told you my last name or who my father is. But I can tell you my name really is y/n, my mother died when I was young, my father hated me because I reminded him of her, I am nothing like him, and I never shared what happened with the boys. My newsie life was a secret from my father and the truth about my father was a secret from the Newsies."

"How do I know your not lying?" He asks looking up at y/n.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me that I'm lying." She look him in the eyes, standing at his feet with her hands on the table of the press. Jack just sighs. He turns and sits on the edge. Y/n joins him. "What are we gonna do? Are we really going to betray all of those boys?"

"But are we really betraying them? You know what Pulitzer said was true." He looks up at her tears rolling down his cheek.

"Jack please don't cry. If you cry I'm gonna start crying."

"And then I'm gonna cry harder because I'm the one that made you cry." Jack says.
Y/n stands to her feet and holds her hand out to Jack. He reluctantly gives her his hand and she pulls him down and to his feet. He wraps his arms around he waist and buries his face in her hair. "I love you, you know that?" He asks after a few moments, looking into her eyes.

"Yea."

"You're a pretty great girlfriend." He says.

"Okay and now your being really lovey dovey. Let's relax a little and then we can decide what we're gonna do in an hour or two okay?" She says him.

"Yea, lets do that." Jack starts setting up a makeshift bed on the printing press.

[BROOKLYN NEWSIES GROUP 1 (BROOKLYN NEWSIES GROUP2)]
Newsies need our help today (Newsies need our help today)
Tell 'em Brooklyn's on the way (Tell 'me Brooklyn's on the way)
We're from (Brooklyn)
We are (Newsies)
We are Brooklyn Newsies

Y/n and Jack sit on the printing press and Jack start thinking as she lies down. She slowly starts to fall asleep when she realizes Jack isn't lying down. She sits up and rests her head on his shoulder as they sit there together. Meanwhile the Brooklyn Newsies are marching through the streets of New York but are currently on the Brooklyn Bridge.

[BROOKLYN NEWSIES]
Just got word that our buddies is hurtin'
Facing total disaster for certain
That's tour cue, boys,
It's time to go slummin'
Hey Manhattan
The Calvary's comin'!

[BROOKLYN NEWSIES GROUP 1 (BROOKLYN NEWSIES GROUP2)]
Have no fear (you know we've got your back from way back)
Brooklyn's here (we'll get your pay back)

[BROOKLYN NEWSIES]
And some payback
We're the boys from the beaches of Brighton
Prospect park and the Navy yard pier
Strikes ain't fun, but they sure is exciting
Loud and clear
Brooklyn's here!