Chapter 10

Chapter 10

*Kaleb*

I creep up behind Kay and grab her waist. I pick her up and spin her round.

"Put me down," she squeals before I do as I'm told. I spin her round so that she's facing me and find she's got a cookie hanging out of her mouth.

"How am I meant to kiss you when that's in the way?" I ask before she shrugs. I smile before leaning down and biting the side of the cookie that's sticking out her mouth. I smirk as she glares at me.

"That's mine!" she whines before grabbing another cookie.

"You trying to eat them all?" I ask before she shrugs. I try and steal the packet but she stamps down on my foot and walks away. I grab the other packet of cookies out of the cupboard and walk after her.

"Kay you ok?" I ask as I walk into the living room where she's sitting on one of the couches.

"Mhmm," she replies before I sit down beside her.

"What's with the sudden cookie obsession?" I ask before she starts crying.

"I just want the cookies Kale," she sobs before I pull her onto my lap.

"Hey you can have the cookies just no more tears yeah," I say as I hug her. She nods before cuddling into my chest.

"You feeling ok baby?" I ask since she's acting really weird.

"I don't know," she says as she looks quite worried. I hand her the other packet of cookies before I think of reasons for her weird behaviour.

'She could be ill,' I think.

'She could be pregnant,' Adrian says but I just ignore him.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Kay asks smiling up at me.

"Nothing baby," I reply before she looks at me like she doesn't believe me. I smile down at her before she shrugs and rests her head against my chest.

"When are we going to see your parents?" she asks.

"Em now," I reply before she nods.

"Love you Kale," she smiles.

"Love you too baby," I smile before she jumps off my lap and walks away.

"Kale!" Kay shouts before I get up off the couch and join her at the front door.

"Yes love?" I ask.

"We're going now."

"Ok," I say before we walk out of the house and to the car. As I drive towards my parents house I can't stop myself from glancing over at Kay every now and then. Her behaviour has been getting weirder and weirder for the last two weeks and her outburst today has actually made me worry. The change in her eating habits I can deal with but the random periods of crying I can't.

"Baby are you sure you're ok?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm fine Kale. Don't worry," she says as she flashes me a fake smile. It seems genuine but it doesn't reach her eyes telling me that something is up but she's not telling me. I go to ask if she's really ok but stop and try to ignore it as I park outside my parents house.

*

"Kaleb darling how are you?" mum asks once she opens the door for us.