Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*Adrian (Kaleb's wolf)*

I immediately regretted being horrible to Kay when her eyes filled with tears but I need to keep my head clear at the moment so that I can take over from whoever was filling in for Kaleb.

"Kaleb?" Calvin asks shocked as I stand at the door to the Alpha's office in the pack house.

"Guess again" I say to him.

"I didn't think I'd see you again, Adrian," Kaleb's dad, Kenny, says from behind me.

"Why did Kaleb give you control?" Calvin asks.

"Well it was the only choice he had so that we could see our beautiful little mate again," I reply.

"You nearly lost her countless times because she stupidly got herself mixed up with human males," Calvin says.

"She's slept with other men?" I growl.

"Not that we know of. Sage usually throws them out when he and CeeCee go over to check on her," Kenny says.

Images of Kay sleeping with other men flash through my mind as I fight to stay in Kaleb's form.

"Adrian, take Kaleb home and let HIM spend the night with Katerina. We will talk hopefully to Kaleb tomorrow," Kenny says. I nod before I run out of the house and immediately change, not caring about my clothes getting wrecked.

*Kenny*

He's back. Last time Kaleb gave Adrian control he went on a killing spree and nearly killed his own sister. I don't know why I sent him back to Katerina.

'Kenny, what's going on?' Sage asks.

'Adrian's back. He's with Katerina,' I reply.

'What do you want me to do?' he asks.

'Check on her in the morning and report back,' I reply.

'Do you think he'll hurt her?'

'I really don't know. He tried to kill CeeCee remember.'

'Yes, I remember,' he growls.

*Adrian*

I hear my little mate humming as I run into the garden. I walk round the house to the balcony and jump up onto it.

"My mate is a dick! I never want to see him ever again. He's got his head up his own ass," I hear Kay sing as I change into Kaleb's form. I smile as I hear her disappear into the bathroom. I take that as my cue to open the balcony doors and slip inside. I pull on a pair of boxers before lying down on the bed.

"Hello darling," I say when she opens the bathroom door. She screams loudly.

"Calm down, baby," I laugh as she stomps towards the door.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" I snap after using my wolf speed to stand between her and the door.

"You said you didn't want to be near me so I was leaving," Kay replies as she crosses her arms across her, very distracting, chest.

"Why would I really want to stay away from you?"

"Because you don't want me anymore," she screams, hands clenched at her sides.

"Baby, don't say that," I beg.

"You don't want me! I know it's the truth so just admit it!" Kay screams as tears run down her face.

"Kay, I could never admit to something as insane as that," I say.

"That's why you don't want me! You think I'm insane and an embarrassment as a mate!"

"No!" I say using my Alpha voice accidentally. Kay looks down at the floor as tears continue to roll down her beautiful little cheeks.

"I love everything about you, Kay. I love how immature, hyper and even slightly insane you can be. I love that you are both bold yet shy at the same time. I love you Katerina Cooper. The only reason for how I managed to survive being tortured and starved most of the time is that I knew you would be here waiting for me. I thought that the first image I would see is your smiling face when I got free but when I got here you were gone. I thought something had happened to you and when I spotted you at the back of that class room after taking over six different maths classes; it was the best thing ever," I say copying everything Kaleb says inside my head.

"But you were mean and you said you didn't want to be near me," Kay says looking up at me with her beautiful puppy like brown eyes.

"Kay, I only said that so that I could concentrate on taking the position from Calvin," I explain. "I had to get you out of my head but I just couldn't. I need you baby but I want to know if what Calvin said is true. Did you sleep with anyone while I was away?"

"Nope, there's only one guy that I've slept with," she replies ripping my heart in two.

'He must die!' Kaleb shouts.

"Who?" I growl.

"You stupid!" she giggles before I pull her into my arms. I bury my face in her hair inhaling her beautiful scent.