Take Sixteen.

"You're looking in the wrong place for my love. Don't think because you're with me this is real.." - Zayn ft. Kehlani.

Viewer's discretion is REALLY advised.

16|

Derick slept on the pullout couch last night. I saw him when I went down for a glass of water. It was obvious when he was upset with me, which was a usual kind of thing; he wouldn't sleep in the room with me. Whenever we did sleep in the bedroom together, nothing would happen. We'd stick to our sides of the bed. But, that was besides the point.. The point was, if we were on good or even okay terms, he would sleep in the bed beside me. But, if not, he'd stay in the study or on the couch.

   I'd just gotten up and was stretching so that my limbs would loosen and relax, it was also another way to wake myself up fully. Then I heard the lapping of waves and I was momentarily confused, until I remembered that we had a pool. Derick was probably having a morning swim, which wasn't unusual. It was either that, he'd go for a run or work out in the gym downstairs.

   Rolling out of bed, I stuck my feet in my bedroom slippers and made my way over to the bay window. I didn't pull the drapes apart completely because I didn't want him to notice that I was looking, but I just had the unbearable urge to. He was doing rounds in the pool, just as I suspected, and he looked damn good while at it. The water glistened on his skin beneath the blinding sunlight and his muscles flexed with every stroke. I had to shut my mouth to keep any drool from dropping.

   That would've been embarrassing.

   To further refrain that from happening, I moved away from the window so that I was no longer being tempted. In fact, a shower sounded nice. So, with that thought, I raced into the bathroom and stripped before hopping into the shower.

   A little while into my shower, I heard the land phone ring, but I didn't panic, simply because either Derick would get it, or if it was important enough, a message would be left. So I sighed underneath the forceful pelts of scolding water and allowed myself to stay calm.

   Well, that's what I intended on doing. But, not even five minutes went by before there was murderous knocking on the bathroom door. It startled me, so much to the point where I pitched, nearly slipped and snapped my neck. My heart was going at least eighty miles per hour.

   "London! Open the door, please." Derick requested, his voice a little hard and my mind tried to think of anything I could've possibly done to upset him this morning. I came up with nothing. I hadn't even come in contact with him for the day.

  "What do you want?" I asked, thinking maybe I could just crack the door and hand him whatever he needed.

   "I want to talk."

   Talk? What the hell did we need to talk about?

   "Can't it wait?" I bit out, my voice laced with annoyance.

   "No. Now, open the door or I'm going to open it myself." He threatened, and immediately, I began panicking. He couldn't come in here! I was naked. Yes, he's seen me naked before but that was when I was actually fond of him. Now, not so much.

   My heart was drumming inside of my chest. "Derick, you need to wait."

   He didn't say anything. But, I stopped breathing the second I heard the sound of the doorknob. He was picking the lock. He was actually picking the lock. I sincerely pray that you all see what I have to deal with on a daily basis. Quickly, I whipped the shower curtain out of my way to try and grab a towel off the rack. Only, there was none to grab.