Scarlette's Story

A few years ago on a distant planet named Caldera, a teenage girl named Scarlette stood at the window staring at the world around her. Her world was a volcanic planet, filled with girls and women that looked no different than the other, they all looked the same. For years her planet was one of peace and battles were never fought, unless they were training. The girls learn to use and control their powers until they are old enough to battle. Out of all the girls on the planet, there was always one girl that seemed to top everyone. Scarlette's cousin, Skylar Storm, even when she was getting ready for her next battle, she was the one everyone wanted to train with, at least she was. Skylar and Scarlette were training together, they were working on her space portals. "Go ahead, you can do it." Skylar encouraged her. Scarlette nodded nervously and raised her arm in front of her.

In a few seconds, sparks appeared in the air in front of her and started growing into a void. "Oh my god," Scarlette said excitedly, then the void vanished. "I did it." Skylar smiled at her and gave her a high five. "That was awesome, now you just have to work on getting things thro-" Skylar began to speak, but something caught her eye. Scarlette turned to find a black-clothed figure with a helmet and some kind of machine in their hands. Scarlette recognized the machine, it could take away powers from anyone and the one who controlled it could do whatever he wanted with it, he was known as Annihilator. Everyone started to flee except for the two of them. "Scarlette, go follow the others," Skylar ordered her. "I'll handle him." Scarlette nodded and headed towards the hideout but then stopped to look back and see Skylar running to fight the Annihilator. "Oh please, since when do I run from anything?" Scarlette thought to herself. "I'll stay close by." She chased after Skylar and stayed as close as she could while staying out of sight.

As Skylar reached the Annihilator, Scarlette hid behind a large boulder to stay hidden. "What do you want with my planet Annihilator?" Skylar asked him. The Annihilator just shook his head and laughed. "This planet can be so much more than what you live in now." The Annihilator told Skylar. "More power to gain, no longer have to learn to control it, the way to already know how to control it. Surrender your planet now Skylar Storm!" He said raising his machine, pointing it at her. Skylar raised her fists and got ready to fight. "Don't count on it." She told him. Scarlette watched as the two fought, thinking about what Annihilator had said. "A way to already control my powers." She thought to herself. "Could it be true?" She looked back to see that both of them had vanished. She looked around and then was surprised to find the Annihilator standing beside her. She panicked and kicked him to the ground, then Skylar appeared and blasted him. "Good thing you followed." She told Scarlette. Scarlette nodded and then realized what she said and became surprised. "Oh come on, when was the last time you ever ran from danger?" Skylar said to her as they walked towards the Annihilator. Skylar was facing her and didn't realize that the Annihilator was getting up and grabbing his machine. He powered it up and aimed at Skylar. "Skylar, look out!" Scarlette called out, but it was too late. By the time Skylar turned around, the Annihilator had already fired at her, creating a puff of pink smoke to surround her and then vanished into his machine.

At first, it didn't seem like anything happened. Skylar crossed her arms to create a plasma blast, but when she threw her arms out nothing happened. Scarlette knew what had happened, the Annihilator had stolen Skylar's powers. She quickly ran over to Skylar's side and plasma blasted him herself. Skylar grabbed her arm and turned towards her. "Create a portal to the Calderan prison." She told Scarlette. "I'll distract him." As Skylar went off to face the Annihilator once again, Scarlette got ready to create the portal. When she knew the Annihilator wasn't looking, Scarlette opened a portal big enough to put him in. Skylar saw this portal and smiled, which was noticed by the Annihilator. "Forget it Skylar Storm, your powers are gone." He said to her. He went to hit her but she dodged quickly. She then grabbed his arm and bent it behind his back and leaned to his ear. "That's true." She told him, tightening her grip. "But I had this strength before ever getting my powers." She released her grip on him, he tried to attack her but before he could even turn around she kicked him hard in the gut, sending him flying into the portal. Scarlette quickly closed the portal and ran to see Skylar. The only thing left from the Annihilator was his machine. Skylar opened the machine part where the power canisters would be, it was empty. "He must've gotten it before we trapped him," Scarlette said in a disappointed tone.