Chapter: 29

The Cullens' enormous house was more crowded with guests than anyone would assume could possibly be comfortable. It only worked out because none of the visitors slept. Mealtimes were dicey, though. Our company cooperated as best they could. They gave Forks and La Push a wide berth, only hunting out of state; Edward was a gracious host, lending out his cars as needed without so much as a wince. The compromise made me very uncomfortable, though I tried to tell myself that they'd all be hunting somewhere in the world, regardless.

They introduced everyone to me. I knew the Denalis, then I met the Egyptians, Senna and Zafrina because of my attacks. There were Peter and Charlotte, Jasper's old friends. The Irish coven included Siobhan, Liam and Maggie. Maggie could tell if someone's lying. It's her gift. There were the Egyptians. Amun and Kebi, Benjamin and Tia. Benjamin can control the elements, another gifted one. There were nomads like Garrett, Randal and Mary. And there was another tracker called Allistair although he kept it to himself.

Jacob was upset though. The werewolves existed to prevent the loss of human life, and here was rampant murder being condoned barely outside the packs' borders. But under these circumstances, with Renesmee in acute danger, he kept his mouth shut and glared at the floor rather than the vampires. 

Soon enough, keeping Nessie away from Zafrina was hard because she loved the pretty pictures. I had seen them too so I knew how amazing the feeling was. Emmett and Rosalie started to give us fighting lessons. Edward was happy to help me but it was too uncomfortable for him when its Bella. 

Apparently, Eleazar found out that Bella and I were gifted. Just the way Marcus can know the bonding of relations, same way Eleazar can know others' gifts. It was his gift.

Bella is a shield. That's why Edward, Aro and Zafrina couldn't affect her. Kate had been giving her lessons so that she can protect us from Jane and Alec. Kate had told her to focus on the colour of the shield and to imagine it outwards from her body. Edward was the guinea pig for Bella's motivation

And as for my gift, it was charm speaking with comes with my current beauty. According to Eleazar, if I tell someone to do something, they will get confused by my voice and beauty. We found out how it works testing on Emmett and Edward. 

At first, I would tell them to go and get me a glass of water. But they would stand up but then would sit down. So I started to concentrate more and soon enough I was sending random people to do random things. No one minded because everyone knew we were going to face some old and strong vampires. 

"This explains why Seth liked you," Edward once said to me when we were sitting together watching Bella and my mom fight.

"Why?" I asked.

"You had a crush when you first saw him," he explained. "So you wanted it to happen because you didn't know about the imprint thing, so it happened."

"Makes sense," I said.

I was fighting with Garrett when Kate came and said, "Demetri is your mate?"

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her surprised. Biggest mistake ever. Soon, I was on the ground spitting out dust.

"Thanks, Kate," I said. "For the diversion."

"Is it true?" Garrett asked offering me a hand.

I looked around to see almost everyone was there. Bella and my mom were training with Edward and Peter but they had stopped too. "Yes," I said not particularly looking at anyone. "Who told you?" I asked looking at Kate.

"Emmett," Tanya said. 

"How will you fight then? I mean when you face him..." Benjamin trailed off.

I sighed and looked at them, everyone. "Look, just because he is supposed to be my mate doesn't mean I see him like that. If it comes to choosing everyone here and him. I will choose you."

"Demetri is the guy who sent you that gift, didn't he?" Nessie asked tilting her head. 

The older vampires looked between us.

"That's enough, Renesmee," Bella said giving me a sorry look.

"Yes he is, Nessie," I said nodding at Bella. "But you see, he is a very bad guy who broke my trust. So if he dies," I looked at others. "He dies in my hand." 

With that, I went to the forest.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you guys so much for the 1k reads. I feel really motivated to write more. Thank you again. Love you.