Chapter: 2

Bella called me and told me to meet in front of a boutique called Forks Outfitters. I was heading there on my bike from school.

The school was nice. I made some friends. Everyone was nice and no one bullied anyone either. Some people even complimented my hair. As a matter of fact, there were some kids who had tried different styles with the colours and they were treated normally. It felt fresh after that toxic environment back at my school. I brought it up once as I was having lunch with my new friends and they told me people here were open-minded and didn't care about the looks since it's their personal choice.

I stopped in front of the shop. Beautiful dresses were on the mannequins behind the display window.

Bella told me she won't be alone. Her fiancé, Edward will drop her off along with his two sisters, Alice and Rosalie.

A silver Volvo and a Mercedes came into view. Soon they parked in front of the shop. I raised my eyebrows, not in judgment, in amazement. Jacob had mentioned they were rich but I didn't know this much.

The car doors opened and I gasped because with Bella came out with three most beautiful human on earth. One of them was a guy who was probably Edward and the other two were two girls, Alice and Rosalie. They all had the most amazing amber eyes and perfect pale face. They wore hoodies and scarfs. And they walked so gracefully that it made me insecure.

"Hey," Bella came and engulfed me in a hug.

"Hi," I mumbled and hugged back.

"Jake was right, you are a hugger now," she said chuckling as we pulled off.

"Still trying to get used to it," I said matching her laugh.

Suddenly, I was engulfed in another hug.

"Hey, Alex," she chirped. "I am Alice."

I was too surprised to hug back at first but then I did even if she felt cold and hard.

Someone coughed. Alice let me go and we looked at Edward who smiled warmly at me.

"I guess you can guess who I am," and with that, he gave the most dazzling smile. Now, that's a hot fiancé, I thought to myself.

"Edward," I said and he nodded. He gave me a smile which looked like he knew something he wasn't supposed to.

"I love your hair by the way," he said looking at my head.

"Thank you," I glanced at the other girl. "And you must be Rosalie."

Alice had a dark brown pixie cut and Rosalie had thick, wavy blond hair. If Alice was a pixie, Rosalie was the princess.

She smiled a little. "It's nice to finally meet you, Alex."

"Okay," Alice said. "Enough talking, and more shopping."

This caused all of us to laugh and I could tell even if Alice got my opposite personality, we would hit it off.

Alice had an excellent eye for fashion. So it didn't take long to find the perfect dresses for us. They all were silver, of the same material but different style. After those dresses, Alice told us to look for other dresses too. Just in case. Right then, I saw a blue shirt. It was the exact shade of TARDIS.

"Whoa," I said. "TARDIS blue."

"You are a Whovian?" Alice asked picking up the shirt.

I smirked. "Are you?"

She nodded and handed me the piece of clothing. "You are so buying it."

"I can't," I said looking at the price tag.

"It's on us," she said and sent me to the dressing room. I felt guilty but Bella convinced me that it's not a big deal.

After shopping, we went for lunch. Alice and I had already been talking a lot, which Bella pointed out since she never saw me talk so much before and she was really happy. Alice commented about her feeling that during the wedding, we would get closer and we might end up being best friends. Bella playfully hit her saying how she was her best friend and in her defense, Alice told her she was but still her fashion sense was total crap. Bella just laughed it off.

Alice and Rosalie ordered plain water because they were on a diet and couldn't eat outside food. Any kind. I wouldn't have thought much of it but those three girls shared a look like they got a secret. I mentally frowned and decided to duel on it later.

"So Alex," Bella stated as we were eating out burgers. "How are you and Ashley settling in?"

I sipped my chocolate milkshake. "Well, mom got a car and I got a bike, thanks to Jacob, so no problem with traveling. We got most of the furniture. But we didn't move anything in any room because we still wanna colour it."

"Ooh," Alice clapped her hands. "Which colour?"

I smiled at her enthusiasm. "Maybe turquoise and copper for mine and lilac and grey for my mom. I wanted to do it orange or something but mom said copper would be better and I realized she was right."

"Then what are you waiting for?" Rosalie asked leaning back on her chair.

"We didn't get time yet," I said. "I got here mid-semester so I got a lot of projects and stuff, and my mom is doing a full-time job as a doctor so we don't have time."

"We can do it," Alice offered.

"Oh no," I said shaking my head. "You guys are busy with the wedding. I can't ask you guys."

"Don't worry," Rosalie said smiling. "We won't need a lot of time."

I frowned.

"Let them help," Bella said sipping the last bit of her food. "I will convince Ashley too if I need to."

"All right then," I said because I did not want to seem rude. "You are bringing it up to my mom, I won't even say a word."

Alice grinned. "So tomorrow it happens. But before that, we need to go and choose the shades"

"Let's go," I said.

We paid and left. Alice had been on my bike since we came out of our shopping trip. She demanded that since she didn't know how to ride one, and no one in her family own one, so she would make the best of the situation and enjoy when she can. When Rosalie asked if she could drive to the paint shop, we were all surprised.

"You know how to drive?" I asked with my mouth open.

"Yes," she said putting her hands on her hips. "Is that a problem?"

I grinned. "No, it's cool." I held out my keys. "All yours."

On the way, Rosalie told me it had been a long time since she drove one but I assured her it didn't look like that at all.

We went to our house after shopping. Bella convinced my mom and introduced to her future sis-in-laws. My mom told them she had met their father at work. She was glad to meet the daughters too. After a while, they left.

"You seem happy," mom said as we were doing the dishes after dinner.

I shrugged. "I keep meeting these nice people. Seth, Alice, Rose and then there are the bunch at school."

"Looks like moving here was a good idea after all."

"Yes, it was."