Chapter: 21

When Demetri heard the news, he took a hoodie and jumped into his car with me. It happened faster than I could have said his name. He drove really fast and when I reached, I found Esme and Jacob were there.

"Where is she?" I asked to them.

"In the emergency," Jacob said. "It's really bad."

Tears started to fall wetting my face. Esme hugged me gently. "Everything will be fine, sweetheart."

"How did this happen?" I asked.

"She went to get lunch," Esme said. "When she was coming back, a car came out of nowhere and bumped into her."

I started to cry harder. Demetri made me sit and sat beside me. He gently rubbed my back and hugged me as I continued to cry.

I didn't know how long we sat there because when Carlisle came I wasn't crying anymore. I didn't have the strength to do so. The whole Cullen family, Seth and Paul, Charlie, Billy and Sue were there.

"Is she okay?" Charlie beat me to the question.

"Well," Carlisle said as he looked at us. "She is alive but her brain took a lot of damage so she has gone to a coma."

I heard gasps and whispers and all. I got up and everyone looked at me. "Can I see her?"

He nodded. I looked at Demetri, he got up and we followed Carlisle to the room.

My mom was lying on the bed with one her head bandaged, syringes pushed into her hands, heartbeat monitor and other stuff were there too.

"I will leave you," Carlisle said and headed for the door.

I looked at Demetri. "Stay here," and followed Carlisle out of the room. "Hey."

"Yes?"

"Is there any chance she will wake up?"

His expression turned into stone. "I don't want to give you false hope so I will say not really. The injuries are really bad."

I nodded. "Then promise me something. We will see for two days if she doesn't wake up. You will change her." He looked surprised but before he could say anything I spoke again. "Look, I am Demetri's mate and he is probably mine. So I will have to change into a vampire later. And I want to stay with my mom too. Especially when she is dying. Please."

He sighed. "I can't say no. Edward's real mom asked me to change him too. I will do it."

I nodded, thanked him and went inside to find Demetri talking to her.

"...and then she just laughed. I mean I don't know how she manages to keep her temper in check." He looked at me and held out his hand.

I took it happily because it was really sweet of him to talk. I sat beside her holding her hand while he put his hands over my shoulder. "Mom, wake up. You need to see me graduating and getting married. And who will take me by my hand on my wedding if not you? Please wake up." I didn't realise I was crying until one drop fell on my mom's hand. I looked at the heart monitor, it remained same. I stood up and hugged Demetri. He was really comforting.

I went out because others wanted to meet too. Alice told me to go home and get some rest because she checked and nothing was going to happen anytime soon. Demetri drove me home. It was around 5:30 pm. We picked up lunch. He insisted. I didn't even have to tell what I wanted. He knew it. After going home, I took a shower, got into my pajamas and ate dinner. Demetri said he would wash the dishes and clean up the house after I sleep. So tomorrow we can go to the hospital as soon as possible. After all of this, when I slept in his arms. I knew he was definitely the one for me.