Chapter: 11

I was really thankful for the fact it was Edward's wedding and he didn't pay any attention to the thoughts of others, including mine. I couldn't risk anyone to know anything until the wedding was over and the newlyweds were gone to their honeymoon.

I waited when Bella's mom, my mom and Edward himself, gave a toast to Bella. Emmett, Esme, Alice and some other people had given toasts before too but I missed those.

After that, Seth excused himself, so I decided to get some food. I was busy eating cake when Edward and Bella passed by. Bella looked sad? Angry? Miserable? Probably all of them.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"She is having a bad stomachache," Edward said not even bothering to stop. "And Seth left."

"What?" I almost dropped my plate.

"Duty calls," he said.

I frowned but nodded. I watched them go inside along with Alice. They would be probably getting ready for their honeymoon. I sighed and looked around. Felix and Demetri were so easy to spot that I saw them instantly. Felix was facing me and Demetri's back was towards me. Felix was talking and he looked up. Demetri turned around, scoffed and looked away.

My jaw dropped at his sudden change of behaviour. I was more mad than hurt. Who did he think he was? He couldn't just go around and be rude. But I decided not to say anything since I won't be seeing him after today anyway. I took a deep breath, turned on my heels and went to the front of the house since people were gathering there to say bye to the bride and groom.

My mom had asked about Seth and I told her it was an emergency but she didn't look happy about it. After Edward and Bella were gone, I said bye to the people I knew, like the Cullens, Charlie and Renee and others.

"Oh, I need to see Sue," my mom said.

"Can I wait in the car please?" I asked.

She nodded and handed me the keys. I went, found our grey Toyota Camry and sat on the shotgun. I was picking some music when I heard a knock on the window. I jumped and saw Demetri. I rolled down the window.

"What do you want now?" I asked, rudely.

He raised an eyebrow and crossed his hands over the window ledge. "Feisty much?"

I rolled my eyes. "Rude much? You scoffed at me back there. And now you come here to talk?"

He chuckled softly and the sound was so satisfying that I wished to make him laugh more.

"That was because of the Cullens," he said. "They think I am a bad influence on you."

I frowned because I didn't know why they would say something like that. "Well, maybe you are," I said. "I was supposed to have the first dance with my boyfriend. Not you."

"Well where were your pretty little boyfriend when the song started?" he asked. "Not around you."

"Fine, whatever," I blew off the argument. "Is this the last time I will be seeing you?"

He smirked and gave me a piece of paper. "Here is my number. Call me."

I blushed and smiled at the same time. I had been blushing a lot around him.

"Alex," my mom came and Demetri stood up straighter. "Want to tell me who your friend is?"

"Hello, ma'am," he said extending his arm. "I'm Demetri. A distant relative of the Cullens'."

"Hello, Demetri. I am Ashley," my mom said and I could tell she was really pleased with his manners. He was so elegant and graceful that he could have been a prince. Maybe he is, who knows?

"It's so nice to meet you," he said. "I had met this lovely young lady," he looked at me. "And now the person who brought her into this world."

"Aren't you a charmer?" My mom said. "It's really nice to meet you too. Will I be seeing you again?"

He smiled. "That depends on your daughter."

"Let's go, mom," I said.

We said goodnight and mom drove the car out of the parking lot.

"He is charming," my mom said.

"Yeah," I mumbled while playing with the Tiffany necklace Alice had forced me to buy.

"Too bad you're dating Seth," she said.

"Mom," I said. "Seth is my boyfriend. He took me to the hospital. You know his mother and I had known him for three months. Unlike Demetri. I didn't know he existed until today. I can't have feelings for him."

"Who said anything about feelings?" my mom mumbled. It took me a moment to remember my words and realized I was trying to convince myself which made me feel guilty and even if I didn't want to admit it, I knew one thing. My life was going to be complicated.