XII

Rana let herself into her house quietly.

When she noticed the light in the in the living room, she assumed Gulab Khan or Bibi had forgotten to switch off the lights before leaving, what she didn't expect was her husband to be sitting there.

"Adeel?" She said, surprised. "Didn't you go to the party?"

His body remained unmoving on the couch, feet crossed over each other, lips drawn into a thin line.

"Adeel, I'm asking you something. Didn't you go to your friends party? Were you waiting for me?" She tried again.
"Adeel are you OK?"

"OK?!" Her husband suddenly roared.

He sprang from the couch and right in front of his wife in moments, his expression gone from still to very angry.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?" He shouted, making Rana jump slightly.

"Calm down, sit and-"

Before she could finish, Adeel's beastly fair hands curled around her thin wrist like cufflinks on a prisoner.

"Where were you?" He hissed. "And whose car was that outside?"

Rana began to shake, her heart slamming back and fourth in her ribcage.
She fearfully told him the events of the evening.

"I'm sorry I'm late, but please let go of my hand." She begged.

He stood in silence watching her squirm as she tried to free her hand from his hurtful grip, avail.
The fury in his eyes hadn't deemed and Rana's own met with his.
She pulled her hand, his grip more painful by the minute.

Rana wanted the ground to swallow her up.
Just like she used to with whenever she had to face Adeel's wrath at the beginning of it all.

But then she remembered she had promised herself she won't let anything or anyone make her feel like that ever again.

"Adeel, let go!" She shouted with all the force inside her.

She'd expected to face further torture.

Instead, he unlocked his forceful grip on her and with no further words, walked out of the house.

Rana couldn't stop her body from shaking though, as old memories she had buried deep inside began to resurface again.

She ever so gracefully crumpled onto to the couch aside of her.

Letting her tears once again free.

👄

Shorter chapter than usual, but it's a double update after all.

Also, I wanted to know if you thought my writing was lacking in description.
I don't mind you being honest, it will help me and I will take it as feedback.

X