XIII

Adeel wasn't feeling like partying that evening.

He had politely brushed off the various women that invited him for a dance and his so called friends and colleagues that offered him drinks.

He sat in a corner of the club, spinning his soft drink round and round, alone for most of the party.

When having finally had enough of watching the masses of men and women drinking, dancing, flirting and doing Allah knows what else, he inconspicuously walked out of the club and got the valet to bring back his car.

Adeel switched on the radio, the song Hawaiyen playing softly.

He was surprised to not find Rana not waiting for him. He assumed she went to sleep, but once having checked her room, his theory was proven wrong.

As the hours cut through, a sick feeling began to set in the pit of his stomach.
So many different scenarios of what happened to her ran through his mind, each worse than the other.

Eventually, when he had enough of waiting and decided to head out, he noticed a car pull in front of the green gates of his house.

Adeel watched the small happy figure of Rana pull out, noticing her lips moving ti say something to the driver.

The blood began to boil in his head as it used to do when Rana used to talk to her cousin Ashar.

And although there may be no excuse for what came next, Adeel knee he had to make up for his behaviour.
He didn't want to lose his wife again, he didn't want to repeat his mistakes.

So he ventured through the shops in downtown early in the morning, having spent the night in his car, hoping to find something for Rana.

But materialistic object could wipe over his anger and mistreatment?

👄

Anything to say?

Btw, do you guys have any questions for me or about this story?
I'm going to make a Q&A and if you want to ask anything, comment on here.

Feel free to ask anything, I'll do my best to answer everything.

X