VII

Fawad Khan as Jiaz Afzal

  👄  

Rana tapped her feet onto the floor.

She would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous, but she was excited at the same time.

Working with children was a dream come true, or at least something she took on when her dreams of studying Sociology were shattered by Adeel.

"Mrs Ahmed?" The secretary called her.
"Principal Afzal is ready for you."

Rana stood, holding her files with her resume in one hand, while the free one shook.
She then followed the secretary through a line of corridors with faded grey walls around them. The school was very silent since all the kids had gone home.

"Here you go." The woman said, drawing her hands towards a door.

"Thank you." Rana said to her politely.

She delicately pushed the door and stepped inside.

In the blue carpeted office, there shelves and cabinets stacked with books and files, and right in the middle was an oak desk, behind which sat a man.

Jiaz Afzal was a rather handsome man. With cat like shaped brown eyes, that seemed to scrutinize one's soul, rosy thin lips always set into a slight smirk, jet black hair sleeked back and a very defined jawline that struck out.

"Good afternoon, Mrs Ahmed." Jiaz Afzal greeted. "Please take a seat."

Rana hesitantly sat in one of the polyster chairs in front of his desk, she certainly had all the qualifications needed for the job, not to mention she had expirience, but that didn't stop her having a slight doubt that she might not get the job.

"So, Mrs Ahmed, tell me the best way to educate a child?" Jiaz raised an eyebrow, expectingly.

"Well, first by being kind-" she began.

"Nope!" He interupted

"Oh,okay. Umn, well you then try and understand-" she tried again.

"Nope, next."

"Umn, I think that-"

"Nope, ne-"

"LET ME FINISH!" Rana shouted, not able to take anymore interuptions. "You should be kind to the child so that they feel welcomed. You need to try to understand how they think, what they find difficult so you can try the best strategies to teach them. And lastly, you have to give one hundred percent into every child."

She took a few moments to regain her breath, before looking up at the Principal. After a moment of reflection, she realized she had just shouted at him and immediately regretted it.

I'm done for, she guitily thought.

Jiaz Afzal's expression was unreadable. His lips were set into a straight line, his eyes focused upon hers, but nothing could be read.

"Congratulation, Mrs Ahmed. You got the job." He cracked a smile.

"W-w-what?" she uttered, surprised.

"You heard me, you passed the test. Excuse my previous rudeness, but it one of my special tests, for special teachers such as you. And by the way, the best way to educate a child is by getting their attention, as proven by this test. See you from next week." He smiled, before turning back to his laptop.

Rana remained glued to her seat for a few moments, unable to move. She was more shocked by this event than anything in her life, Jiaz Afzal was indeed a weird guy.

"T-thank you Mr Afzal." Rana said, finally standig from her seat.

"It will be Jiaz from Monday, Gul-e-Rana." Jiaz didn't glace back at her, but smirked.

   👄  

So, Jiaz Afzal, the very first character that I inserted in this story from my own will, as all the previous ones are from the show.

I love Fawad Khan and I am so excited for him to become part of the tale of Rana and Adeel, although I'd like to say that he play a bit of a trigger in Subhanallah.