XVII

Rama's Friday began as usual, a peaceful breakfast where she didn't have to worry about work, as it was her day off, and then bidding Adeel goodbye as he left for work.

But it was an unexpected visitor that changed everything.

Upon hearing Bibi's shouts from the gates, Rana quickly rushed after finishing Zuhr.

"Rana apa, this crazy woman is refusing to leave without seeing you." Bibi said exasperation.

Rana looked over the servant's shoulder, and almost did a double take when she saw the so called crazy woman.
It was Tanha Inayat.

"Oh, she's my friend." She quickly reassured Bibi. "Let her in."

The servant pulled the green gate open, and Tanha stepped in, throwing her arms against Rana.

"Oh, I am so glad to see you." Tanha exclaimed. "Your house servant was threatening me, but I had to see you."

Surprised by the sudden gesture, Rana awkwardly patted her former colleague's back.

"Come inside, we'll talk there."

Tanha loosened her arms, and walked towards the house with her host.

"Bibi, make some tea." Rana requested.

Bibi nodded and scurried away towards the kitchen, giving Tanha and her rags a bewildered look.

They both sat on the couches in the main hall.

"So, how are you?" Rana asks.

"Oh, not well. I'm not well at all." Miss Inayat lets out.
"Rana I need help. You know that the board has fired me and no other school is willing to take me on, I can't go back to my parents, I'm the only one who supports them financially. I need a job."

By this point, her voice begins to break and her eyes become teary.

Rana grabs a tissue from the table in front of them, handing it to her guest.

"I know this is a lot to ask, but I need a job. Jiaz has tried as well, but got nothing so far. All my savings are running out as well."

Bibi arrive with a tray of tea and biscuits, placing it in front of the two women.

"It's okay, Tanha, don't worry." Rana reassured her with kind words. "I'll help you."

She gave Tanha a cup, and whilst they both sipped the warm liquid, Rana raked her head for ideas.

Suddenly, she remembered something.

"Wait here." She said, and slipped to the other room.

Shortly after, Rana returned, with a business card between her fingers, which she pushed towards Tanha.

"Look, I can't guarantee you'll get the job, but I'll try and speak to the boss." Rana said.

"Oh, Rana thank you so much! You're a savior."
She took the business card and read it's content.

Ahmed Enterprise

👄

Okay, so many have requested for more Rana and Adeel scenes, now although they are the main characters, you need to understand that this story holds various structures and characters.
Which is why I focus on different view points through the book.

Thus it is different to the drama and every other love story.

Please take this into consideration.

Also, if you like non cliché hijabi books please do read 'Hijabi in Heels' on my account.

X