VI

Morning winds were chiming and birds chirping after what seemed a long time to Adeel.

He watched his wife from the droplet covered windows, pouring tea in a ceramic cup, outside on the white stools.

She really is a gift,   Adeel thought to himself.

The raining that lasted over four days had stopped at the evening of Rana's arrival. The sun had shone through all depressing clouds, and frankly, the whole house felt cheerful.

Even Gulab Khan and Bibi seemed to smile more.

The past few days had passed with going and coming from work, finding his wife each evening either in the garden, watering the dawn shaded roses, or in her room reading.

Although Rana no longer shared a bedroom with him, and Adeel didn't have the heart to force her, he was simply loved to have presence in the house.

Adeel walked into the garden whilst buttoning the golden cufflinks on his sleeve.

"Tea?" Rana questioned, her soft silky voice music to her husband's ears.

"Yes, please." He smiled.

All the reason for his new found joy was the angel pouring the lightly cardamom scented milk chai.
Her milky hand, with rosy spots around the knuckles, held the tea pot with such grace.

There is one sculptor who build such extraordinary sculpture, Allah.

Their moments together were simple, any awkward silence or free moments filled with small talk.
But Adeel wanted to take a step forward, he wanted to build the trust, bond and marriage that they lacked.
He wanted to take another opportunity to share something with Rana and make it special.

So with all the courage he could muster, he broke the peaceful quietness, and spoke above the morning bird's chirping,

"Are you free this evening?" He asked.

The old Adeel would never asked this. He would expected or demanded people's time, and if they couldn't provide it, he would extract it out of them forcefully.
But the old him is gone, for good.

"Well, I do have plans this afternoon." Rana said, folding her lips over the cup, taking a careful sip and swallowing.
"Why?"

"Oh, nothing. Just asking." Her husband waved his hand dismissively, quite disappointed inside.
"If you don't mind me asking, what plans do you have?"

"An interview at Al-Noor Academy, I didn't want to stop teaching." She said, waiting for Adeel's response.

He might have been still unhappy about being able to spend a special evening with Rana, but he did quite like the idea of Rana finding a job locally.
It gave him confirmation that she truly wanted to take another shot at this relationship, she wanted settle, with him.

"I can cancel if it's important..." Rana suggested, after noticing his long silence.

"N-no," Adeel stammered, coming out of his thoughts. "You should go, it's important for you. I'll come pick you up, just text me the time."

Rana was quite surprised at her husband's ease at the idea of her having a job.

He had always wanted to keep her within the four walls of the household and treat her like a common servant, making sure she had no claim for independence.
Because that's he saw women as, pieces of decoration meant to be captivated in one place, for men to pay attention to when they wanted.

Watching him from under her lashes she thought:

Maybe he's changed after all.

👄

Sorry for the short chapter, I know I being horrible after updating after such a long time and then doing so little.

It's just that I've lost touch with writing and need to get myself on track again.

Also, little sneak peak: FAWAD KHAN is going to play a new character!!! Love the guy so much!!!

Hope you all had a good holiday, until the next chappie...

InsideSnake/-trentino-
XOXO