Chapter 4

Alisha POV

I arrive home late. About 8:30 and I fall through the door and onto the couch in exhaustion "tough day?" Cody laughs as he scavenges through the cupboard for food "tough week" I reply blowing my fringe out of my face. "Yeah I heard that maniac teenager was admitted there what was his name, Liam? Or was it Lucas I can't remember?" Cody shakes his head
"It's luke, genius" I let out a small chuckle "I'm actually his psychiatrist, he's a pretty freaky guy but he can be nice too" I shrug sitting up from my place.

Cody cringes. "How do you do it?"

"What? Hang out with the crazies as you call it?" I laugh

"I like helping people, I have hope in them all" I grin as I place my bottom on the kitchen bench top. "And that's what makes you a good person, just remember to set boundaries though missy, you cant always trust those people" Cody taps my nose and walks to his bedroom. "Sir yes sir" I salute.

..

11:30pm. I lay in my bed watching an old fashioned television program, I let out a yawn and throw my head into my pillows and fall into a slumber not caring to turn off the tv.

2:30am. I hear a faint rustling, probably Cody using the toilet.

2:40am. I hear a louder rustle, I let out an intense groan and sit up in my bed.. Nothing.

..

I wake up to my phone buzzing, telling me it's time to wake up for another glorious day at work. I kick back my cotton sheets and make my way to my dresser. I can't hell but notice my door is open through my tired eyes. "Dammit Cody" I growl. I get dress in my pastel blue uniform and walk out to the kitchen for breaky, "Cody stay out of my room" I say slapping his head as I walk past him at the table. "What are you talking about lish?" Cody frowns rubbing the back if his head, "my door, it was locked last night and this morning it was opened! You gotta stop using my things!" I snap annoyed. "You're crazy, I didn't even leave my room" Cody laughs.

I shake my head and reach up into the cupboard to grab a coffee mug, my short legs cause me to struggle. "Is this coffee fresh?" I ask as I inspect the jug full of the sweet liquid "yeah, just made it" Cody replies as he reads through the mail. I nod and pour yourself a cup, a moving reflection in through glass cupboard door catches your attention. I look at it confused.

But then nothing.

..

I sit in my office, tidying up all the paper and rubbish junk mail from my desk. I place a pile of patient records on a smaller desk behind me and turn around

"Morning Hamilton" the familiar Aussie accent catches me by surprise

"Jesus luke! You gave me a heart attack!" I laugh placing my hand on my heart. "I didn't hear you come in"

"I did knock" luke says rolling his tongue over his lips.

I nod. "Okay well, today's session is going to be about your crimes and such is that okay?" I ask getting out my notebook. "Whatever makes you happy" luke shrugs as he leans back in his chair.

"First question" I smile.

"Do you know why you did what you did?"
"Because I can" luke smirks

"What did you want to be when you left school"
"Myself"

"What drew you to your victims?"
"Their innocence"

"Okay" I nod

"What was your childhood like?"
... "I'm not answering that"

"That's fine, we can work on that" I smile

"Okay. Now it's my turn to ask questions" luke gives a cheeky smirk

"Why do you work here?"
"I needed the money and I like working with the insane" I shrug

"What's your favorite song?"
I think hard "I don't think I have one"

"Vanilla or chocolate?"
"Vanilla, I prefer basic stuff" I shrug

There's a moment of silence before luke looks up, his eyebrows knotted together .

.."Are you scared of me?" Luke's expression softening.
"No.." Yes.

"You're not afraid?" Luke sat in the swivel chair, picking at his pale wrist

"Not at all"

Luke leans forward in his chair, a dirty smirk printed on his face

"I'll make you".

My heart pounds against my rib cage. "No more questions please okay" I shake my head. Luke chuckled and stood up, walking tediously towards the whiteboard. Humming as he picks a colored marker to use. Luke flicks his tongue over his lip ring before scribbling down letters on the board.

'Consternation'
Meaning: a feeling of anxiety or dismay, typically at something unexpected.

Luke sits back down "I think it fits well" luke nods. He's right.

"We'll this has been interesting" I awkwardly laugh "do you want me to walk you to the cafeteria? I heard you got off suspension yesterday" I suggest praying he says no. "Sure" luke winks. i mentally groan. I get up from my chair and walk out of the room, luke following me close behind, secretly admiring my figure as i walk. "In front of me Mr Brooks, I need to be able to see you" I speak over my shoulder.

"But I was having such a good view" Luke whispers in my ear, his Aussie accent stronger than usual.

I shudder and continue to walk towards the cafeteria filled with patients loud chattering amongst peers and to themselves. "Okay enjoy your meal luke, I'll be off now" i smile at luke even if he can't see it. "Wait!" Luke swiftly turns his body, "Mm?"

"Do I atleast get a hug?"

________________________________________________

ohhhhh cliffhanger!