Chapter 31

Luke POV

Alisha lies still in a cold bed, wrapped with blankets attempting to heat her weak body. I sit in a chair Carl generously pulled all the way out from the dinning room just for me to sit in.

"How is she?" I ask as a doctor checks her ears and heart rate.

"She's fine, her blood cells will restore the blood she lost"

"And her ankle?" I ask sounding like a total drama queen.

"Her ankle is fine, we have stitched it up but it'll take time for her cell to restore before she will be conscious and when she is she will be on crutches until further notice" the doctor explains.

"Thanks doc" I smile.

"As for you" the doctor speaks as he takes off his glasses "should rest, we will alert you once she wakes up".

I let out a large sigh and nod my head.

"Alright just make sure you wake me the second she wakes up, if she comes around" I nod.

"Absolutely Mr Brooks".

"Goodnight Alisha" I whisper and carefully kiss Alisha's limp hand before backing up to the door. "Cya doc" I nod.

"Sleep tight Mr Brooks" the doctor nods as he stands in the corner of the room, waiting for a change in Alisha.

I lay in bed for hours just staring at the empty space next to me. I rub my eyes and sit up in my spot, throwing the blanket off me and walking over to my window and leaning on the window sill. My breathe dogs up the window as I stare down into the wilderness outside my property. Images of Thorners attacking Alisha replay in my mind driving me insane. I tense my arms, exposing my veins and let out deep breaths. Without a thought I race myself down the hall and down the flight of stairs, a harsh wind blows upon my bare chest as I stand alone outside, the casting of the full moon illuminating my surroundings. I set foot towards the highway and towards the town I hate most. I pass through empty streets, the only sounds of the occasional car zooming past, I welcome myself to a neighbourhood of families with nice houses and fresh cut grass, families that look wealthy and I peek through their windows to see their sleeping presence. I smirk to myself as I easily unlock their windows and sneak in, my muddy shoes leaving marks on the plush carpets. Grabbing a knife from a progressional knife kit sitting in the kitchen and I make my way towards the first room, my body full of adrenaline. This is what I live for. I push open the door with the palm of my hand to reveal a sleeping couple in a quilted queen bed. A quilt similar to the one I slashed in Alisha's old room. Soft snores fill the room and I let out a husky snicker as I rip back the blankets startling the couple awake.

"Who are you!?" The woman screams.

"Don't you know who I am?" I cock my eyebrow.

"Don't hurt us please, take whatever you like" the woman cries as she holds onto her husband.

"I want your lives" I bluntly speak.

"Are you insane!?" The man yells.

"A little" I chuckle and raise the knife, the reflection beaming in the couples eyes.

"Don't kill us, please!" The woman sobs.

"Get up, both of you" I order. The couple hesitantly get up out of their bed and huddle together. "You, come here" I instruct to the man. The man kisses his wife's temple before walking towards me. I grab him by the shirt and drag him to the living room where I broke in

"Leave him alone! Please!" The woman cries as she runs after me and throws weak punches, I turn around slap her hard across the face to shut her up. I throw the man in a chair and tie him up, tight.