Chapter 30

I stay sitting in my room reading my romance book. Page 120. 'Joseph lets out a giant grin as he takes his first glance at his beautiful bride to be. Roselyn's father smiles as he walks his daughter down to aisle to hand her off to her world, he gives Joseph a nod of approval as he lets go of his daughter. Joseph takes ahold of Roselyn's young hands, not daring to take his eyes of the beautiful woman in front of him.

"I'm so lucky to have you" he smiles.

"I'm luckier" she replies'. A knock on my door snaps me out of my zone and I quickly wipe away the tears I haven't even know that had fallen.

"It's me" Luke grins as he peeks his head around the door. "I bought you something to make up for before" Luke weakly smiles and reveals a bunch of roses from behind his back as he shuts the door.

"They're beautiful! Thankyou so much!" I grin as I take ahold of the flowers. I take the card that's attached to the side and read it aloud. "Sorry I killed the policeman. You still love me right?" I speak and let out a small laugh. "You're a real dork you know" I smile and playfully punch Luke's shoulder.

"Only when I'm around you, otherwise I'm a serious business man thankyou" Luke jokes and pretends to straighten out his imaginary bow-tie.

"Yeah right" I scoff.

"So your not mad at me?" Luke smiles and leans against the wall beside the light.

"Uh" I nervously speak. "A little" I nod.

"No fair" Luke pouts and reaches beside him to turn on the large light in the wall. "This damn light is blown" Luke frowns as he turns towards the light and grabs his knife from his pocket.

"That doesn't matter, there's other lights in the room" I nervously laugh remembering the night I cut through the plastic and wiring in desperation to escape.

"But this one is my favourite" Luke frowns as he goes to unscrew the nails holding the object firmly into the wall.

"I can do it, it's no troub-"

"The nails already loose" Luke frowns as he puts away his knife and uses his finger tips to unscrew the nails. I remain quiet and bite on my lip as I watch Luke pull the plastic covering off the light to reveal the wiring snapped and everything cleared into the back. Making it easy for me to jump through the back and run away. Luke runs his hand through his hair as he stands back and observes the mess.

"I'm sorry" I mumble from behind luke.

"You're sorry?" Luke chuckles. "You really want to get away from me don't you!? All along I fooled myself to think, that you possibly somewhere in your heart, loved me back. But-" luke laughs, "but I guess you're just like the rest" he sniffles. "they always leave me! to be sad and alone stuck with my fucking demon!" Luke shouts at me. I feel a wave of guilt wash upon me as I can tell he's more hurt than angry.

"I swear it was ages ago, I don't want to escape now" I reply.

"I don't believe you lady" Luke spits. "You were my favourite too" Luke laughs as his eyes darken a rich black. A sign I know to get the hell out of here.

"You have 3 seconds to run and hide" Luke evilly grins as he flips his knife into his hand and cracks his neck. "One".

"Luke.. Stop this isn't you" I cry. "This isn't you, come back" I cry more.

"Two".

"Luke no!" I sob as I begin to run out the door and stumble up the lot of stairs. "Carl! Carl help!" I scream.

"Three" Luke whispers and begins to walk up the stairs holding his knife in his hand. "Alisha" luke sing songs my name. I let out more sobs as I try to run for my life up more and more stairs, around corners and sneak myself into a small cupboard. I hold my breath in attempt to be silent as I hear luke flicking his knife in and out and the sounds of his boots colliding with the ground with every step.