Chapter 24

I'm lead to the same room the party was held in last night. The room is already spic and span and silver cutlery is polished and set neatly on the table.
"Your seat miss Hamilton" Calum smiles and pulls out a chair for me to sit in.
"You can call me Alisha and thankyou Calum" I nod as I sit down in the open chair.
"I musnt, you're a lady" Calum blushes.
"Well I'm no one special" I shrug. Calum goes to open his mouth when the kitchen doors swing open and luke walks in with two plates of food.
"You're indeed special miss Alisha Hamilton, you're the lady of the house and we don't get many of them around" luke gives a great big fake smile "so.. Hopefully you'll be our permanent lady and we can make great memories in this magnificent house, you like raisin toast right?" Luke winks and places a plate of toast in front of me. Taking a seat apposite of where I'm sitting and giving Calum a uncomfortable glare as he tucks his seat in. Calum clears his throat and drops eye contact before quickly exiting the room and shutting the large doors behind him, leaving me and Luke alone.
"Raisin toast is good" I nod.
"Thought you'd like it, I mean I did always pinch yours" Luke smirks and takes a bite out of his toast. I cough and shuffle in my seat.
"So, what are we doing today?" I ask. Luke instantly breaks into a giant grin.
"You'll see".

I walk beside Luke, attempting to match his walking pace as we make an exit from the building. Luke heaves the door open and a winterly gust of wind jumps upon us. Instantly my arms wrap around my my body in attempt to keep warm. We step outside onto a large stone footpath that leads us through a dead garden and out into the open forest. The frost crackling under our shoes and fog radiating off our hot breath as we steadily walk deeper into the eerie forest.
"Weathers nice" Luke nods. I remain silent and keep walking beside Luke, weaving through trees and bushes, making our own track. Luke looks each tree up and down, almost inspecting them. I roll my eyes and kick the dirt in with my feet. Luke touches a tree a few feet in front of me, frown as he looks upon his fingers.
"Blood" he whispers barely loud enough for me to hear.
"So.. The nature walk was fun. I think I'm going to make my way back to the house now" I fake smile and give Luke a thumbs up, turning on my heel and start to walk off. A loud cracking sounds echoes behind me, I keep walking thinking it's just Luke.
"Alisha" Luke whispers.
"See you at the house" I wave Luke off.
"Alisha shh!" Luke whispers louder and grabs me, spinning me around.
"Ow! What?" I wince. Another stick cracks from the side of us, making both of our heads snap towards the sound. In less than a second Luke's arm is securely around my body, holding me behind him.
"It's probably just a kangaroo" I laugh.
"No, no. Thorner." Luke corrects me.
"Thorner? What the heck is that?" I whisper in a panicky tone. Leaves and stick crunching sounds inch closer to us and I begin to take steps back to keep distance of this supposedly 'Thorner' in the shrubs.
"No stay close, this is what I brung you out here for" Luke orders.
"Are you kidding me no!" I shout. Luke turns around and cups his hand over my mouth.
"Do you wanna die?" He growls. As Luke's tone grows darker by the second, a hunched creature crawls out from the bushes. It's fur is patchy and grey with a fuzzy mane down its spine, it's eyes glow a golden yellow and it's back legs are longer than the front, almost like it originally walks like a human. I let out a frightened cry in Luke's hand as the Thorner begins to rise from its crouching position, easily standing 7ft tall. Luke follows my eyes and turns around, wrapping his arm around me and pushing me behind him.
"Don't worry baby, I got you" Luke chuckles and his eyes grow black as he backs us up a little. The Thorner lets out a deep growl, flaring it's flesh thrashing teeth and takes a large step towards us. Luke smirks and disappears and reappears behind it, snapping its neck quicker than I could snap my fingers. I let out a surprised laugh and Luke dusts off his hands and steps over the limp body.
"If only you kept your neck snapping skill for these creatures and not humans huh" I joke. Luke's face grows serious again, his jaw tightens.
"I was just joking" I surrender.
"Alisha. Move." Luke orders.
"What?" I ask confused.
"Move!" Luke screams and launches towards me, pushing me to the ground. I groan as I hit my head on the ground harshly. I sit up slightly to hear groans and dog like whimpers. Luke and another Thorner fighting on the ground. I gasp and back up against a tree.
"Luke!" I cry out. Luke tumbled around with the creature before holding it in a head lock and snapping its neck causing the glow in the Thorners eyes to fade and a last whimper to escape its lungs before Luke lets it's body fall to the ground a few feet from the first one. Luke leans over, hands on knees, puffing and panting.
"Are you okay!?" I panic and rise to my feet and rush over to Luke.
"Fine, let's go before more come" Luke nods and walks past me.
"You're cut" I point out.
"It'll heal" Luke shrugs.
"Not without treatment it won't, get me a first aid kit when we get back and I'll fix you up" I speak, my medical side getting the better of me.
"Watch out Hamilton, it almost sounds like you care about me" Luke winks.
"Only because you saved my life just then" I laugh.
"So do you trust me yet?" Luke nudges me with his shoulder. I look at Luke before letting out a laugh.
"Not quite Mr. Brooks" I shake my head.
"Why not? I just saved your damn life" Luke frowns and stares at me.
"Are you forgetting that you're my kidnapper?" I say and a walk ahead.
"It's okay, I don't trust you either" Luke snickers as he catches up to me on the flattened grass track we made on our way in.
"And what have I done to not earn your trust?" I raise an eyebrow.
"It's not what you've done. But I don't trust you being alone. You'll try runaway and that's why I don't trust you" Luke says opening the main door to the house, letting me enter first.
"So you shouldn't" I smirk.

_________________________________________
WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK SO FAR? TOO WEIRD? IVE BEEN MAKING THESE CHAPTERS LONGER FOR YOU GUYS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL SO KIND I LOVE YOU ALL :)

145 votes/90 comments for next 2 chapters!