Chapter 13

IM VERY SORRY ABOUT THE LATE UPDATE SO HERES 2 CHAPTERS TO MAKE UP FOR IT (:

______________________________________________________

Luke POV

Michael and I make our way through the corridors, we slipped our uniform ontop of our disguise so we don't get caught. Michael takes his place at the main corridor turnoff and signals that the coast is clear, I nod my head and ball my fist up before smashing a fire alarm and triggering it off.

Loud sirens begin to pulsate throughout the entire institution and Michael and I make a run for the cafeteria entrance. Just as patients are scrambling out the doors michael and I take our chance to go with the heard, "this way" Michael cocked his head towards a turnoff, we quickly make a turn and sprint for our lives towards a large wooden door. I peek through a crack in the door "fuck sake there's a guard" Michael whispers

"When has that ever stopped us?" I chuckle and open the door "what are you doing you two! You need to get to the evacuation bus right away!" The guard roars "oh there's no fire" I laugh, the guard gives me a confused expression before his eyes almost bulge out of his head and I lash my knife towards his throat making him fall helplessly on the ground and puddling in his own blood. "That was neat brooks" Michael smiles surprised by my actions "it's what I do best" I nod and continue our path towards the tunnels. "Through this door" Michael points, I nod and attempt to open the door "it's fucking locked!" I groan as I tug on a padlock "let me show you a trick" Michael smirks as he grabs ahold of the padlock and roughly twists it until it clicks open "they should really think twice about putting a staff member in a mental asylum they worked at" Michael deeply chuckles.

We creep our way through a narrow and scrubby tunnel, I drag the back of my hand across my forehead collecting the sweat from the humid weather "how long is this tunnel?" I grunt "abit more, it should lead us out into the forest" Michael nods, we continue our way until my foot is suddenly drenched "Ugh!" I yelp "water?" I look up toward the end of the tunnel and grin, "rain!" I smile and take off for the end off the tunnel, not caring about the water splashing all over me from the puddles overflowing the dirt ground. I step outside for the first time in months and sigh if relief "rains never felt this good before" I chuckle as I shake my hair causing water to spray everywhere, "freedom!" Michael yells with a giant grins smacked on his face, he seems so happy to be out, I mean anyone would after being in that hellhole.

"Not quite mike" I shake my head, "huh" Michael frowns, a evil smirk creeps on my blank face as I step froward dropping my knife that was hidden in my sleeve into my hand, my eyes flash darker, they do that a lot. "Luke what are you doing!?" Michael a eyes widen, I say nothing and step even closer "luke c'mon after all this time please we helped eachother!" Michael's voice shakes as he backs away

"I don't want to die" Michael cries "thanks for showing us the way mikey" I smirk again and lunge my knife into michael a throat "pleas-" his body falls to the ground, his hands cupped around his neck. His warm blood spurting around him and washing away with the rain.

I blink my eyes harshly making then return to normal, I stare down at my bloody knife and the blood sprinkled on my jumpsuit, my eyes soften "what have I done?" I whisper .. "WHAT HAVE I DONE!" I scream "Mikey I'm sorry buddy! Come back! I'm sorry! Please!" I cry as I shake Michael's purple body. Nothing. Not a twitch. His body is drained. I sob to myself "I'm sorry Mikey I can't control myself" I whisper wiping away a few tears and raindrops that have fallen on my cheeks. I scoop my arms under Michael's and drag him back in the tunnel, gently placing his body down. I walk back out into the forest and gather some ugly daisies, it's the best I could find. And I place them by Michael's head "whenever I get close to someone.. I kill them, I didn't want to get close to you mike.. But I'm glad I did, you were a great friend" I sniffle

"And I was a terrible one, I'm a monster!" I scream in anger and let my head fall into hands. I stay by Michael's body for about an hour when a high pitch beeping goes off on Michael's wrist, "12am" I read on his watch. I stand from my place and unzip my jumpsuit and grab my backpack, swinging it over my shoulder. I shake out my jumpsuit and place it over Michael's body "when I'm better mike I promise to give you a funeral" I sniffle once more before gathering my emotions and maintaining them, I take a deep breath and step back out into the rain and start to run north towards the highway, my body is exhausted but I keep running and running until I come across an old highway and a car parked to the side of the road. I jog up to the car and open the door and getting in "where's mike?" Jai asks "don't talk about it, just drive" I snap.

Jai turns on the ignition and speeds off towards a small house near the coffee shop Alisha likes "you're house location is perfect" I sneer "all for you brother" Jai pats my back as he unbuckles his seatbelt and walks inside, I copy his actions and stand in the front entrance of the house "it's not much but it's home for now" Jai proudly smiles "you did a good job bro" I nod. "You're welcome to stay as long as you like you know" Jai weakly smiles at me as he pours himself a glass of orange juice

"Can't" I bluntly say

"And why not?" Jai raises and eyebrow "cops will come looking for me, I have to go soon enough" I shrug "where are you gonna go?" Jai frowns "home Jai" I laugh and shake my head. "The slaughter house" Jai laughs rather loudly "it won't be that anymore, I want to fix it up and make it welcoming" I give off a dreamy look "who would want to visit you? No offence" jai snickers "not visit jai, live. I want to take Alisha with me", jai goes bug-eyed "are you crazy!? You hardly know her! You only know her from your chit chat sessions! What if she doesn't like you, or what you are!? What if she rejects you huh? Are you going to kill her like the rest of the girls!?" Jai raises his voice "she will love me jai! She isn't afraid! I know she will understand everything! She can be protected now, I can protect her from this filthy god damn world" I grunt and storm off outside "luke someone will recognise you!" Jai calls out but I ignore it and walk off down the street with my hoodie up.

-x-

"So beautiful" I whisper as I gently stroke Alisha's rosy cheek as she softy snores, I drag my attention away from Alisha and make my own tour around her room, I look at family photos. I smile to myself as I see a picture of her when she was young; her front tooth missing and her hair in pig-tails, Alisha begins to mumble and toss in her sleep and I set the picture frame back down on the shelf and just sit by the window ledge and watch her angelic self sleep peacefully "the things I could do to you baby" I mischievously smirk before climbing out her window and disappearing into the bushland.

______________________________________________________

70 VOTES 30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER????????