Chapter 9

Luke POV

9am.

"Get up Brooks" a deep voice mandates as they open my cell door up, I toss in my bed "why" I whinge. "Meds round, you should know by now" the nurse answers for the guard standing by her side.

"I'm not taking them" I chuckle and press my back against the wall next to my bed, "they will help you get better luke" the nurse sighs. "I said no!" I yell in frustration and knock the tablets out of her hands, the pills bouncing onto the dirty concrete floor. "Luke calm down!" The guard growls, I shake my head "I don't want your help" I simply say and turn around.

The guard nods to the nurse in approval and the nurse pulls out a syringe with haloperidol and tries to inject the fluid into my blood stream. I swiftly turn at her touch "what the fuck!?" I yell and back away. "Get the fuck away from me!" I yell even louder. The bulk guard steps forward and grabs my body, tilting my head to the side for easy access for the nurse to do her job, I thrash and grunt in his grip "WHAT THE FUCK! LET GO" I roar and try my hardest to push out of the mans grip. I feel a pinch in my neck and I let out a scream of pain, the guard releases me from his grip and lays me on the floor, I choke and gasp "w-what did you inject me with?" I whisper "haloperidol, you should be up in about 2 hours", I gulp and feel my eyes becoming heavy, I let my eyes fall and drift off to sleep still laying limp on the floor of my cell.

-x-

I hear voices and shuffling of feet around me, I slightly open my eyes "ah just on cue mr brooks, welcome back" a nurse greets me with a cup of water, I sit up on the floor, my body trembling "what's wrong with me?" I frown staring at my shaky hands "it's a side effect of the drug we gave you, itl wear off soon don't worry" the nurse nods and hands me the cup of water, I gulp it down. "You have a visitor" the nurse stands up and smiles. I lift my head and look at the person standing at the door.

"Hello brother" Jai smirks. I nod in reply. "I'll be back in 20 minutes, there's a guard outside if you need anything" the nurse speaks as she shuts my cell door leaving us in peace.

"So what have you been up to bro" Jai chuckles helping me up off the floor, "are you trying to be funny" I spit "maybe" Jai smirks. "What are you doing here anyway?" I sternly watch Jai as he fixes his hair in the mirror bolted on the wall.

"You see I met someone" Jai smirks at me through the reflection as he continues to fluff his hair "you, met a girl? Oh please" I scoff "yeah she's a beauty". "What's her name then, I gotta hear this one" I sarcastically laugh.

"Her names Alisha Hamilton, you know her right?" Jai evilly grins. My eyes darken at her name and I clench my jaw staring darkly at Jai's reflection in the mirror and it cracks. "Damn luke that's 7 years bad luck" Jai playfully laughs. "If you did anything more than I ordered I swear to go-" "don't worry luke I did exactly as you asked, she's all yours I was just fucking with you" Jai pats my back. I nod "tell me what happened?" I ask leaning against the wall, my eyes still a deep dark shade.

"We had coffee" Jai simply said taking a seat on my creaky bed, "how did you manage that one?". "I saw her at the coffee shop you told me she liked and you know.. 'Accidentally' bumped into her and we had a chat after that, I got her number too, she wants to hangout this afternoon actually" Jai twiddled his thumbs staring at me. I stay leaned against the wall "what was she wearing?" I can't help but ask, "just her work clothes" Jai shrugs, I lick my lips, I love how her body looks in her uniform.

"I better get going, I've got some snooping to do" Jai cheekily grins, "right, come back Wednesday, I need another favour" I smirk "will do, catchya bro" Jai waves, "later" I reply. Jai steps outside my cell and a guard guides him out of the ward and into the main corridors.

I step up on my toilet lid, back to my stash of items I've collected throughout the institution to help me get out of here, I mentally check through the items on my bed ticking them off as I go through.

-knife (weapon)
-key (unknown use)
-spare clothes (for disguise)
-paper clip (to pick locks)
-4 bullets (no gun yet)

-a necklace (for Alisha)

Alisha POV

I sit in my empty office texting away with Jai, tonight we are going to watch a movie at the theatre.

-
J- movies 2night??x
A- sure! xx
J- txt me ur address, Ill pick u up at 7 (; x
A- 3 nomed street! Near the coffee shop :P xx c u then!
J- c ya then bbe ;)
-

I put my phone away and walk out of my office towards the cafeteria to check up on everyone. I see everyone chatting away, eating their food, people rocking back and forth, the normal stuff. I glance over to Luke who's chatting with Michael, I smile to myself, he's finally letting other people in. I decide to walk over to them "afternoon boys!" I chirp "afternoon Miss Hamilton" Michael quickly replies as he stands up and walks away from the table. I shrug and take the seat across from Luke.

"Good afternoon luke" I smile "hey babe" luke smirks, I roll my eyes. "So you're making friends with Michael? I'm glad!" I grin at luke attempting to be somewhat kind, "I don't have friends" luke squints his eyes slightly, I nod understandingly and just go with what he has to say. "Can we chill in your office for abit?" Luke bites his lip "of course, let's go now" I beamed and stood up from the plastic chair, luke copying my actions.

We walk out of the cluttered cafeteria and down the corridors, other staff members passing through also. We turn the last corner to reach my office and my body rams into another "Alisha I'm sorry I didn't see you!" Justin laughs, I let out a giggle "it's alright Justin". luke wraps an arm around around my body pulling me in, giving Justin a hardhearted glare. Myself and justin both give Luke a puzzled expression, luke just ignores it. "Well I better get to my office, I'll see you around Justin" I give a polite wave and walk off making luke drop his arm.

I fumble with my keys unlocking my door and attempting to open it, but it won't budge. I groan and shove it again. "Let me" luke gives me a soft smile and pushes the door opening it with ease, "Thankyou" I give a polite smile.

"So what did you want to talk about today?" I question taking my seat behind my desk. Luke sits in the bean bag to the side of the room, he leaves a small silence between us until he finally speaks up. "I think I'm ready to show you", I frown in confusion "show me what?" I cross my arms and lean over the desk

"I think I'm ready to show you what I am" Luke's eyes flash a rich brown almost black colour.

______________________________________________________

HELLO EVERYONE THERE MIGHT BE A LATE UPDATE BECAUSE IM MOVING TO MELBOURNE ON FRIDAY!! :) STAY COOL!

-@dearestluke