Loki - his true form

It had been weeks since you were assigned as prince, well now king Lokis personal maid. You saw him every day, sometimes even at night if he called for you. Usually it was just to get a glass of water or a new book. You had gotten to talk to him too. About, a lot of stuff. Earth, books, how it was to be a prince, his likes and dislikes, yet every time you asked about his past he avoided the question or dismissed you. He had been like that since Odin fell into the Odin sleep and you would do everything to find out what they had been talking about before the old king had fallen to the ground. If only you could ask Frigga but she refused to leave Odins side and you were not allowed to enter the room.

You were lost in those thoughts as you bumped into the door to the throne room. Loki had called for you but you weren't sure why. The last few days he had called for you several times, only to look at you for a few seconds and then dismiss you. Maybe he wanted to tell you he had found another maid? The thought didn't please you. Not at all actually. It horrified you.

"Y/n."

You felt a light rosy pink flush to your cheeks as you walked up to the foot of the stairs to the throne and kneel for your king. Not everyone saw him as their king, but you did. You peeked up and through your dark lashes you could see him. His green eyes staring down at you intensely and he looked.. conflicted. Like there was something he wanted to tell you but couldn't. You wanted to ask but you didn't, you knew what would happen if you spoke without being spoken to. You had done it once and the look he had given you made your body go numb with a cold feeling you never wanted to feel again. Your body tensed when you heard footsteps and soon a warm hand on your head that started to stroke your soft h/l h/c hair.

"Stand up."

You nodded and rose to your feet, straightening your dress before looking up at the male. He was so tall and you were definitely never gonna get used to those horns on his helmet but he pulled them off pretty well.

"The last few weeks you've been asking the same question y/n. Over and over again, day after day.."

He walked around you and you stood stock still, following him with only your e/c eyes.

"I can't help but wonder, why? Why are you so interested in what I was?"

What he was? What did he mean with that?

"I want to get to know you my king, but it's hard when you wont open up to me.."

"Of course I wont open up to you. A servant like you aren't supposed to get personal with me, I'm a king, you're a simple maid. Not even something as simple as friendship is allowed between us. Getting to know each other wouldn't be anything else than a waste of time for the both of us."

Tears stung behind your eyes as you tried to blink them away. Was that all? He only saw you as a servant and not an Asgardian who enjoyed his company and wanted to be his friend, if not, more? You shook your head and bit your lip lightly. You wanted to leave. Badly. The feeling in your stomach started to hurt, from nervous to sadness and anger so fast, you didn't like it. If he kept on like this you would end up snapping at him and Odin help you if you dared to make Loki mad. Wait, no.. Maybe you had to make him mad..

"You're not a king."

Here it goes.

"Who you were? That must mean you've been someone or something else. You can't truly be Odins son or Thors brother. Which means you are no true king of Asgard and you'll never be."

"What did you say you mewling quim?"

Fuck. His voice was sharper than a new sword and his eyes were burning with anger. You hit the right spot.

"Y/n, do you really think I'm that stupid?"

What?

"There's no way I'll show you. Now, go. I don't need you anymore."

He spoke in a dull and bored tone but yet he seemed amused. The frustration was clear in your eyes and your brows furrowed in anger at his words.

"Shut up. Shut up shut up shut up! Come down from that throne for a moment and listen you idiot!"

The look in Lokis eyes were hilarious. He had never heard you raise your voice at him or anyone else before. It took a few seconds before he smirked and walked over to you, cupping one of your cheeks with his hand.

"Speak."

"All the nights I've sat with you on your bed and talked. All the books we've read for each other. All the poems we quote every time we pass each other through the day. The things we've told each other, the times I've made you laugh so carelessly.. Was that just stuff you do with all your servants?"

He was silent and you took a deep breath before standing up on your tip toes and planted a soft kiss on his surprisingly cold lips.

"Tell me."

You felt a strong pain in your shoulder as you were forced to your knees, eyes closed as you hissed through clenched teeth.

"You want to see the truth? Fine. Open your eyes."

His voice was cold and even though you were scared you opened your eyes. Fear shot through your body as lightning and you feel back, your breath quickening more and more. The Loki you knew, the Loki you had stayed up late at night with like two teenagers, the Loki you had quoted books and poems to day after day, the Loki you worship as your one and only king.. He was standing before you in the form of a frost giant.

"Please tell me this is one of your illusions Loki.."

"I'm afraid it isn't my lady."

His voice was soft but it didn't fit him. His skin was blue and his eyes glowing red, it almost scared you but at the same time you felt happy that he trusted you enough to show you.

"This, y/n, this is my true form. I am a monster in disguise as a king."

You nodded slowly and smiled slightly as his skin slowly went back to it's normal pale color and his eyes once again were the beautiful green shade you loved so much.

"Don't tell anyone, please, I don't want them to find out about it."

He was asking, no, almost begging you to keep quiet as he helped you to your feet, holding you close to him as soon as you were up. His skin was warm again, even his lips that pressed a soft kiss against your forehead were warm and soft.

"Come to my room later. I think you have a lot of questions but now is not the time to talk about this."

He looked down at you and you felt something cold around your finger. A ring of ice. Loki, such a sneaky man.

"Please. I want to talk to you about this alone.. And.. About other things too."

He looked down at the ring with a shy smile and you nodded, hoping your blush wasn't as obvious as you thought.

"Yes, my king."