Loki - The cold grip of pain

// I HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR FEELS //

The cold wind blew in your face as you ran over the rooftops of New York, dodging every attack coming your way. The other Avengers were down. Iron mans suit was ruined and he was unable to get out. Banner were no where to be seen. Clint had been shot in the gut by his own arrow, and Nat had been pushed off a building, you couldn't see her anywhere. Cap had fainted and didn't seem to be waking up anytime soon, and Thor... He had gone directly for Loki, but he wasn't back yet. You were the only one back, but all you had was your parkour skills and a bit extra strength. Your powers weren't exactly ordinary, but they were enough to be noticed, and thanks to them you were still standing.

You kept up your speed, ignoring the burning feeling in your legs as you finally reached Stark tower. The Asgardian had taken it over completely, and you knew it would be hard to find him. The place was huge, and even though you had lived there for over two years, you still discovered new rooms now and then. You climbed down the high building you were on, deciding to enter from the front, since Tony had never let you know where his secret entrance was. You cracked your knuckles before walking in, keeping an eye out on every single corner. You knew he could be everywhere and nowhere at the same time, thanks to his magic skills. You didn't know what he was capable of, so you had to watch out. Surprisingly enough, it went well. You chose to take the stairs up, the elevator was too risky. Yet, the further up you got, the colder it felt. The temperature were falling, and you were starting to shiver. Your steps echoed as you came closer to the source of the cold, your eyes widening in shock and horror of what you saw.

The whole floor was covered in ice and snow, and outside... it looked horrifying. You hated the cold, especially when you were in your uniform since the fabric wasn't exactly warm. Still shivering, your wrapped your arms around yourself, rubbing your upper arms in hope of just a small sense of heat, but there was nothing. You looked around the room, only to see the god with his back to you. This was your chance. Silently, you pulled your knife from your belt. It was all you had, you had lost the rest during the fight. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Loki spoke calmly, making you raise a brow. He hadn't even turned around. How did he know you're there? And as if he could read your thoughts, he answered your question. "It's a reflection, stupid mortal, there's a huge window in front of you for the sake of Odin." He muttered, making you roll your eyes. You hadn't exactly thought of that, you were exhausted, cold, and you just wanted this nightmare to end. To go back to your warm room and tuck yourself in your mountain of pillows and blankets. You looked around the room, since Loki still hadn't made a move. He just stood there, staring. You sneaked over to the sofa in the middle of the room, noticing he had taken his coat and cape off. With a quick movement you wrapped yourself in the green and golden fabrics, surprised at how heavy it was. He must really have strong shoulders to be able to carry that... No y/n, stop that. "How does it feel?" You raised a brow, thinking he meant the cape, but he answered himself before you could. "It must be painful. To see your city fall so easily by the hands of only one god. Your people must be proud of their "heroes" or whatever you would like to call them now. They failed to defeat me, and now the last one of them shall see the planet kneel before me bit for bit, and you- you, you're wrapped in my cape..." He had looked over at you as he spoke, and he was clearly surprised to see what he found. You were sitting on the couch, completely wrapped up in his coat and cape, only your head visible. The rest of you were hidden. "What did you expect? It's fucking cold in here, I'd freeze to death before you finished talking if I hadn't wrapped myself up in this." You huffed, pouting almost like a kid. You wouldn't be able to hold the knife anyway, your hands were shaking too much due to the icing temperature.

The god looked at you in wonder. He had never thought you'd do that, but he had to admit you looked quite adorable. Your cheeks and your nose were red, your hair messy and your eyes were shining, slightly red from crying during the fights when you had gotten hurt or failed to save your friends. "It suits you well... for a mortal." He muttered, probably thinking you didn't hear him, but you did. "Stop with the compliments and explain why you're doing this!" "You wouldn't understand!" He shouted at you, making you freeze in your spot, more than you already were. Whatever his reason behind this was, it must be something that was hurting him badly. You knew the feeling. Life really sucked big time sometimes, and in some situations, it took drastic measures to get through it, but this... he was mad. He had to be. "Loki..." You muttered softly, making him turn his head to look at you again for a second before shaking it. "What am I doing. I have no use of you, I should kill you right on the spot. In fact..." He grabbed a dagger hidden in his sleeve walking up to you. You quickly tried to untangle yourself from the man layers of fabric, but too late.

He towered over you, his eyes staring at you with a feeling so intense, you felt like he was burning through your soul. "Do you ever wonder how much blood is on your hands?" He asked you out of nowhere, making you raise an eyebrow as he grabbed your neck with his free hand, squeezing just enough to give you trouble breathing. "Do you know how many families you have ruined? How many children you have made orphans? How many parents you've killed? How many life's you've ruined?" He asked, the tone in his voice was colder than the room, but there was something behind it. Pain, sorrow, a wound too open to heal, a heart too broken to be fixed. "Saving one persons life always requires ruining someone else's." He spoke, tightening his grip around your neck, looking deeply into your e/c eyes that were looking at him with a desperate look. Desperate for life, for answers and for... hope. He felt a sting in his heart as he looked at you. Your h/l h/c hair that framed your face, your skin that had lots of fainted scars that were barely visible by now, though you probably had a lot of new ones too from fights and training. Your e/c eyes that were shining with an energy he had never seen before, telling him with just one look how strong you were. How much you had struggled and how desperately you wished to live your life, even though you couldn't. Your lips, that were still looking softer than silk even though the room was cold enough to kill a normal person by now, but they were shivering, and slowly turning blue along with a bit of your face, that had a slight change in color, and your eyes were becoming dull.

"You know pain." He spoke, loosening his grip slightly and you gasped for air as he did. He must've tightened his grip without noticing. You looked up at him in wonder. He could've killed you so easily. Why didn't he? On the other side, so could you. you could easily have stabbed him while he was deep in thoughts, but something about him captured you, like a spell that couldn't be broken. "You've lost people. In the past, and today. I can see it on you, yet you're scared of living. You want to live so badly, but your fears refuse to release you from their cold grip." He spoke, his voice softer, as if he understood you. "You spared me my life. You have had at least three opportunities to kill me so far, and you have taken none of them. In return, I will free you of your fears." In a smooth movement he pulled you to your feet, the fabric falling to the ground as he pulled you close, letting his lips collide with yours. At first you struggled, but his lips were enchanting and you got too caught up in the feeling. Even in the cold his skin was hot, and it made you shiver, until you felt a strong pain in your back, right between your shoulder blades. You coughed as you sunk to the ground, holding on to the golds pants to keep yourself up. "Wha... Wh-why.." "I told you, I'd free you of your fear of living. I can see it in you. you're not afraid of dying." He spoke calmly, going down on his knees in front of you, letting you hold on to him for support. "Your scars tell me your stories. You have faced death more than once. You're not afraid of dying. I know. I have been there." His voice was soft, as if he wanted to reassure you it was going to be okay. "Death is scary. I do not know where you'll go, but I know it'll set you free from your fear." He gently caressed your cheek, and you stared at him as the life faded from your eyes and your heart started to slow down. You could feel your back heat up from the warm blood that was now dripping down on the white snow. "You cannot survive in this world anymore. It isn't suited for you. My kingdom wouldn't have been good for you, it would only cause you pain and suffering, so..." He furrowed his brows slightly as a tear fell from his eyes. "I do not wish for you to suffer. I don't want anyone to suffer like I did. I will end your fears. I will end your pain. I will do the things for you, I were never brave enough to do to myself. I will give you peace."

He leant in and planted a light kiss on your lips, breaking away as you took your final breath and fell into his embrace. Loki carefully pulled the dagger out of your back, laying you gently down in the white snow, covering you with his cape.

"If fate allows it, you will find me in your next life. Until then, goodbye, y/n, may you never feel the cold grip of pain or fear in your beautiful heart again."