Loki - the cold grip of pain part 2

// Song: Until Eternity, Blackbrier //

I loved you once, I loved you twice

I loved you in my previous lives

I know your voice, I know your eyes

You haunt me through my dreams at night

Oh, my love, we'll meet again

We always do, in the end

Our two souls destined to be

You and I 'til eternity

It had now been 23 years since Loki had taken your life back in the Stark tower. Since then, Loki had successfully taken over the earth, and was now ruling it from his throne in New York. The Avengers were being held prisoners in cages from Asgard that not even the Hulk was able to smash. Yet, even though the god of mischief now had everything he ever wanted, he felt like he was missing something, or to be clearer, someone.

Every day when he closed his eyes, he saw your face. Your beautiful e/c eyes, your smooth s/c skin, your soft lips, your h/l h/c hair that framed your face so beautifully as your lifeless body laid in the snow, your cheeks still a little warm from the kiss. He saw you again and again, and he knew he couldn't escape it. It haunted him like a ghost, but instead of fear he got filled with sorrow and regret every time the vision appeared before his eyes. It was confusing to him. He didn't know you, and yet he felt like you were all he wanted. He was willing to step down from his throne, to let the humans roam the earth freely again, to let the Avengers bring him to justice for his actions if it meant he could get you back.
But he couldn't. You wouldn't have made it in his new world, but every day he looked for you in other women. He hadn't spent as much as one night alone since, trying to find someone that could take the place you had stolen in his mind and heart. Yet, even though the other women were warm, he still went to bed freezing, missing your warmth he had felt that day.

Yes, he was truly regretting everything, and It had been hard on the Avengers too. Tony hadn't mentioned you a single time, Peter cried regularly over you, Steve's smile always carried a hint of sorrow, Bruce barely ever spoke, Thor almost had it worst though. He felt the blame was on him because he couldn't stop his own brother in time, and Nat... Oh Nat, she had always been like an older sister and she thought about you all the time. Clint, he felt like he had lost his own kid. He was the one who had always made sure you didn't make trouble, and if you did he managed to get you out of them.

They all missed you, but Loki the most. He had cried in silence ever so often, cursing himself for what he had done to you, yet he knew it was the right thing to do.

We live on and on and on

Death is weak and we are strong

On and on and on

Time is weak and we are strong

Oh-whoa whoa-oh, oh-whoa whoa-oh, oh-whoa whoa-oh

Today marked the 25th anniversary of your death. On this day, Loki usually made the guards give the Avengers some extra good food. He knew they were suffering like him and he wanted to make it easier without making his grief obvious. A heavy sigh left his lips as he looked at the cameras. He had one day a month where he would order what the mortals called "pizza" but only once a month. He refused to eat fattening foods too often, he had to stay strong and in shape. He had just finished working out, so he wasn't exactly in the mood to move all the way to the door to get his pizza, but he had to get it somehow. The god ended up choosing to transport himself to the door. He didn't exactly look close at the delivery girl until he had to take his food and immediately dropped the pizza on the ground.