Epilogue

Six Years Later

It was a beautiful spring day; the sun was shining and the grass was green. Flowers were in full bloom and our garden was overflowing with vegetables. It couldn't have been more perfect.

I stood nervously in my bedroom, smoothing out the non-existent wrinkles in my gown. It was pale yellow, the soft fabric cascading down in light layers, barely touching the ground.

"You look beautiful," Charlotte smiled brightly as she replaced a fallen hair from my up-do full of yellow daisies. I turned to Valencia for approval as well.

She was blotting her eyes, sniffling, "You look magnificent, darling. How are you feeling?"

"Very excited," I said stuttering.

Olivia peeked her head into the room, her own hair filled with flowers, "They're ready, Amara."

I took a deep breath and put a large smile on my face, "Alright, I'm coming."

Iris opened the door for me. Both her, Charlotte and Olivia were wearing the same color gowns as me. We walked down the stairs in order, and assembled in front of the back door to the backyard and garden. Olivia went out first, followed by Iris, then Charlotte, and then it was me. Valencia walked me out the door, leaving me at the end of the small aisle. I met Bennet's eyes and a real smile pulled on to my face. His own grin was larger than I ever saw it. My eyes didn't leave his as I walked toward him, our two families the only one's present. Bennet was dressed in a black suit, made especially for him with just one arm to the shirt and jacket.

He never looked more handsome.

My hand clasped his as we looked toward Matthew, who also had a large smile on his face.

"Today I have been ordained to marry Prince Bennet Westin George Chamberlain and Amara Goethe," he smiled at us and the small group of people behind us. Bennet's brothers, King Fredrick and Prince Ronald stood on Bennet's side, with Charlotte, Iris and Olivia on mine. All my family attended: Valencia, Arthur, his courtship Jessica, and Vincent and Lauren, with their baby girl, Delaney were there. Bennet's family had as well, his father and mother, the previous King and Queen, as well as Prince Ronald's wife, Zoe. Monroe, Marie, and Arnold were also in attendance. It was a small wedding, just the way I wanted it.

Getting the title of 'Princess' was terrifying enough. But Bennet was worth every bit.

"Amara, do you love Bennet with all your heart? Do you promise to cherish him, care for him, and protect him?"

My eyes found Bennet's again, and I grinned up at him, "I do."

"Bennet, do you love Amara with all your heart? Do you promise to cherish her, care for her, and protect her?"

"I do," he brushed his thumb across my knuckles.

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Prince Bennet Westin George Chamberlain and Princess Amara Chamberlain!" Matthew enthusiastically said.

Bennet placed a hand on my cheek, tipping my head up to get full access to my lips, "I love you, RaRa."

"I love you more, Benny."

We kissed quickly, but deeply, before breaking apart to celebrate with our friends and family. We ate, drank, and were full of merry.

It was one of the best days of my life.

Our families had melded together until we were practically one. Bennet and I had moved back to his home when he was a Lord, but he had forgone the fake name. He truly embraced his Prince side, by giving back to the community more than he ever had before. The kingdom's poverty rate had declined, and it was flourishing in economic development and growth. Bennet included me in most of the decisions, slowly feeding me into royal life and duties. We were still mostly left alone from that life, but there were occasions where we would be needed.

And we would always be there.

Together.

We had our fights and disagreements, but at the end of the day, it's just about how much we love each other. We would never let anything come between us.

A few days later, we made our official debut to the kingdom as husband and wife. We were standing just inside the balcony doors when we heard the deafening roar of the crowd after we were introduced.

"You can do this," Bennet whispered in my ear, holding tightly on to my hand. My heart thumped loudly in my chest as we walked on to the balcony. If it was possible, the crowd got even louder.

We waved before taking the stairs down off the balcony to meet and greet some of the citizens.

"Princess Amara! Princess!" A trio of little girls called to me and I walked over to them first, Bennet in tow.

"Hi there, what are your names?" I asked, bending down. The girls squealed before introducing themselves as Courtney, Sarah and Felicity. I gave each of them a hug and they squealed again, Bennet hugging them as well, before we moved on. We shook many hands and I gave out many hugs.

"Your highnesses, it's time to return to the castle," one of our assigned Guardian's, Theo, told us.

"Please, one more person," I answered, finding a small, elderly woman. "Hello, ma'am. How are you today?"

"Just magnificent now, Princess. My name is Geraldine, it's lovely to meet you." She reached out a frail hand to me and I shook it, but before I could let go, she tugged me close to her. She whispered into my ear, "I know more about you, Princess Amara, than you know about yourself."

I was yanked away from her by Theo, who glared at her. He turned to check on me, but by the time I assured him I was fine, Geraldine was gone.

"What did she say to you, RaRa?" Bennet asked as we were escorted back to the palace.

"That she knew more about me, than I knew myself," I raised an eyebrow before letting out a giggle. "She's one kooky old lady."

Bennet chuckled along with me, "You're a kooky lady."

I shoved his shoulder, "You're a kooky man."

"Yes, but I'm your kooky man," he paused just before we entered the palace to dip me down and kiss me in front of the entire kingdom. Another roar was heard from the crowd and my face flushed brighter than a tomato. He lifted me back up, a cheeky smile on his face as I hurried us into the palace more embarrassed than ever.

"You're lucky I love you," I growled as the doors closed behind us.

"I'm luckier than you know."