One's Rescue Is Another's Demise

~Ezra

Hera did not take what I did well. She was visibly upset and had her hands clenched in tight fists to the point where her green knuckles were turning white. I was afraid she might not want to know what I had learned but to my surprise, she was desperate to know.

“I found out a way to find Kanan.” I said.

“And that is?” Hera questioned still infuriated with me.

“Since the Imperial communications are down because of them blowing up their own tower they have to resort to using a courier droid to send and receive information from the rest of the Empire.” I replied.

“So what you are saying is that if we capture the courier and send Chopper in his place then we can find Kanan because Chopper would be able to access all the information on the Empire including prisoner logs which means we can... FIND KANAN!” Hera exclaimed coming to the same conclusion that I did.

Hera could not seem to contain her excitement but she did contain it enough where she was still made at me, Sabine, and Zeb.

We took off after discussing another plan, with Hera this time, and flew towards the Imperial Complex in Capital City. Me and Sabine scouted out the surrounding area for incoming or outgoing shuttles to see if one of them was dropping off or loading the courier droid. When we finally found it we laid on a rooftop not to far away from the landing bay in which the shuttle had landed and reported our findings to Hera. Soon we were joined by Chopper, Zeb, and Hera. The plan was to send Chopper in as a temporary replacement while we checked the couriers memory for data.

After a while of waiting the courier and his escorts came out again to head back for another data run. Sabine jumped into action and the escorts turned to fire at her.

“Behind you.” Sabine taunted them.

“Yeah. Not going to fall for that one.” One of the storm troopers replied.

Sabine was not lying and Zeb walked up behind them and smashed their heads together leaving them knocked out on the ground. Zeb picked up the droid after Sabine powered it down and we left Chopper to continue on as a decoy.

After we watched the shuttle take off with Chopper we boarded the ‘Ghost’ and prepared to attack the Imperial Light Cruiser to which we new Chopper was going to. As we distracted the Light Cruiser, Chopper made a hasty exit out an air-lock and used his rocket to fly over to the ‘Ghost’. When Chopper was finally aboard Hera nose dived into Lothal’s atmosphere only pulling up after she was below the clouds.

After a brief moment to relax, and Chopper pushing the courier out the closing hatch. Chopper plugged into the ‘Ghost’ and projected what he had learned. Hera’s bright and eager facial expression turned to despair when Sabine translated what was projected.

“Hera, we found something.” Sabine said but did not sound relieved.

“Kanan is scheduled to be moved to another system soon.” Sabine continued to say.

Hera cringed.

“Which system?” Hera asked.

“The Mustafar system? Hera I have never heard of that system.” Sabine replied.

Hera balled up one of her hands into a fist and hit the control panel in front of her. Her eyes became misty as she came to realize why that system sounded familiar to her.

“I have only heard of that system from one person and that was Kanan.” Hera said choking on her words.

“It’s… where Jedi go.. To die…” She added in between sobs.