The Force

~Sabine

"We have been searching for hours Hera," complained Zeb. "Do you seriously think he made it out alive?"

"I don't know." Hera replied. "Kanan says he can no longer feel Ezra's presence."

"I know this will be hard to hear Sabine... but we have to move on... The Empire will be here soon and we can't evade them forever... I am sor..." Hera began to say before I interrupted her.

"No! I will not abandon Ezra out here in this wasteland!" I yelled out of frustration and pain.

"Sabine..."

"No Hera! We can't leave him! Not after what he has done for us!" I pleaded.

"I am sorry Sabine... It is time to go." Hera said calmly.

I got up from the copilot seat and put my helmet on and stormed out of the cockpit and into my room. I locked the door and looked at my mural I had painted of Ezra and me. I was planning on showing it to Ezra when he got back aboard, but I just couldn't get the sheen of his navy blue hair right. I looked into the blue paint I was trying to use and began to cry. My tears fell into the paint. When I opened my eyes after I had stopped crying a minute or two later. I saw a miracle in my hands. The blue of the paint mixed with my tears shined like Ezra's hair! I grabbed my brush and lightly painted with this new mix of paint. I stood back as I watched it dry. The Mural was complete. It looked like Ezra was right there in my room. A masterpiece... but the one it is intended for may never get a chance to see it. Self-righteousness flowed through me.

'I am getting Ezra back. He will see this Mural. And I will tell him the truth.'

I opened up the ventilation shaft in my room and squeezed my way through until I found an opening that let me drop down into the main lobby. I moved the grate and dropped down. I heard the engines begin to charge up as Hera was readying the ship for the jump to hyperspace.

I quickly climbed the ladder up into the "Phantom" and prepared to detach. The "Ghost" began to lurch forward exponentially and just as it was ready to hit lightspeed I released the gravity hold on the "Ghost". I watched as the "Ghost" disappeared into hyperspace. All I heard over the comlink was.

"Sabine! What are you... zzzzzz..."

I was alone on the "Phantom". No reinforcements and one Mission. Find Ezra and bring him home.

~Ezra

I woke up on the ground. I rubbed the top of my head as I slowly stood up to see where I was. The pod was nowhere to be seen. As I took notice of the mountains and the dessert I realised that I was home! This was Lothal! I was on lothal... I looked up and saw the ominous mountains in front of me. One was weirdly shaped and grayish in color unlike the other mountains which were tan. I walked up to the gray mountain as if it was calling me. The wind blew and the sand quickly dispersed revealing a gray platform with a deep circular cut in it and an equally deep line going from the circle to the gray mountain.

"...Ezra..." the voice echoed in my mind.

It was that green life form again! I looked around frantically to see if I could see that being again.

"...Ezra... come, you must... know who you are, I do... your destiny, I will show you..." the voice echoed.

Again I saw the lines of space forming hyperspace and I felt my body move at light speed as the land around me disappeared. All went black.

I awoke again.

"Agh... what was that and why do I feel so dizzy?"

I realised I was back in the pod!

"Now I am really confused!"

I looked around and all the troopers were still asleep and in their seats. I looked out the window to see the vastness of space again. I saw a star growing brighter and brighter. Then it was two stars.

"The Phantom! They found me!"

I was so relieved to be saved. I quickly unleashed a smoke grenade to cover up the troopers blissfully sleeping so they wouldn't be captured. I even returned Callus's key card, binders, and his key for the binders. The hatch was opened and standing their was Sabine.

"Ezra!" she exclaimed as she launched herself at me, almost knocking me over with an embrace. "I found you! I am so glad to see you safe!" she said as she picked me up and spun me around before setting me down.

"Where's the rest of the crew?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"They wanted to stop searching for you because they lost signal with you and Kanan couldn't sense your presence anymore. So I hijacked the "Phantom" and detached as they slipped into hyperspace. I just couldn't abandon you. Not after what you had done." Sabine explained.

I looked at her curiously, but put on a smile to try and hide it.

'Why did she... the one who wanted me off the ship from the start... disobey orders and put her life on the line to rescue me? I guess I will find out sooner or later.' I thought to myself.