The Ironic day part 1

~Ezra

Me and Kanan started the day just like any other day with Jedi training. First we meditated and then we practiced lightsaber skills. Finally Kanan would try and teach me force abilities. He had taught me many abilities already but most of them were going to require a lot of patience. One I mastered almost instantly was Force Push but Kanan said I should restrict myself in when and how I use such ability. Today he was going to teach me how to connect with the force.

"The force surrounds us and binds us. It flows through every living thing. This allows you to connect in ways never imaginable to creatures around you, But only if you are open to it." Kanan said being cryptic as always.

"Can we do this another time?" I complained.

I was not feeling good and I just felt angry and depressed. I hated everything and just wanted to do nothing all day.

"Hey kid if there is something wrong you better spill it." Kanan pressed.

"Just throw the rock." I said irritated.

Kanan did as I asked and he hit his mark. An angry loth-cat jumped from the bushes and into the clearing.

"Now. Try and connect with it." Kanan urged.

The cat was having none of it and leapt forwards, tackling me over.

"It senses your fear." Kanan yelled so I could hear him.

"What is this!? Some kind of Padawan Pet!" I exclaimed before throwing the cat from me and standing up quickly.

"You're not letting go. You have to be open to make the connection." Kanan tried to gently remind me.

"Give me your lightsaber and I will make the connection." I said sternly and my voice full of anger.

"What was that!?" Kanan questioned some what annoyed by what he heard.

"It's just not a good day." I replied in a low, quiet voice.

"What is today?" Kanan asked.

"Empire Day." I responded as my eyes softened.

Kanan knew something was up with me, but he decided against pressuring me for an answer and instead ended practice early for today.

We walked into a bar in a distant town. Kanan bought me a drink and Sabine came and sat down next to me. Kanan sensed my anger fall by the wayside when Sabine leaned against me and I could sense his concern. I knew Jedi were not supposed to form attachments when the Jedi Order existed, but now times have changed.

'If Kanan can have a relationship with Hera. Then I can have one with Sabine.' I thought.

I still did not know the answer that Hera had given Sabine about me and Sabine moving into the same room. It bothered me a little but I was not going to get upset even if Hera said no because I could always just 'visit' Sabine for a night.

After a while of sitting there three TIE's descended from the sky and landed just in front of the bar. The pilots emerged and mingled with the crowd. They confronted every rhodian they found trying to match them to a picture they had of an imperial data worker who was apparently missing. Then it struck me.

'I know who they are looking for...' I thought.

"Zebo?" I said quietly remembering my my parents friend.

"What was that?" asked Kanan.

"It's nothing." I replied.

The three pilots eventually gave up their search; boarded their TIE's; and flew to their next destination.