The Way of the Light

~Ezra

"Well... I guess it's time I head home now..." I said.

"Yeah..." Zeb said before chuckling a little to try and soften the blow.

We arrived on Lothal. I came down into the loading bay to say good-bye. Sabine was working on cleaning up Chopper while Zeb was doing inventory. I walked past Sabine without saying anything knowing how much I had hurt her by saying I would stay, but then changing my mind and deciding to leave. I saw by a glance not only the disappointment in her face but also the sadness to see me leaving.

"Well I guess I will be seeing you guys around." I said to Zeb.

"Not if we see you first!" Zeb said trying to sound cheerful.

"Don't worry... you won't." I said in a low angry but saddened tone.

I walked out of the ship and down the ramp where Hera and Kanan were standing together.

"I believe you have something of mine." stated Kanan holding out his hand.

I pulled a square item from the bottom of my pack and returned it to him. I said my goodbye to the crew before running off to go back to my custom made home.

"He opened it... he passed the test." Hera said to Kanan.

I arrived at home and opened the door. I took out Kanan's lightsaber from my bag. I felt something tugging at me... a familiar presence.

"Kanan? What's the force?" I asked, not turning around.

"The Force is in everything. It connects us and binds us and it's strong with you. So I leave you with a choice. You can keep that lightsaber and let it become another item collecting dust... or come with me and be trained in the ways of the force." said Kanan.

Before I could turn around and answer, Kanan, as well as his presence, was gone.

~Sabine

I sat in my cabin crying and begging for Ezra to return. I had locked the door so no one could interrupt me. I sat there broken hearted. I heard Kanan's cabin open and close. I buried my hands in my face and wept for hours. I cried and cried until I could cry no more. I lifted my head and heard Kanan's cabin open once again, but this time it did not close. It didn't sound like Kanan was alone. But it did not sound like Zeb or Hera.

'Ezra?' I thought to myself trying to cling on the hope that he would return.

A short moment later I heard the doors to Kanan's cabin close.

I heard a muffle outside my door.

"She locked the door. She is very upset. So you will have to knock if you want to talk to her." said Kanan.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Sabine? It's me... Ezra... can we..."

"Ezra!" I exclaimed practically jumping through the doors.

I began to weep over his shoulder as I held on to him tightly. My legs limp as I hung all my weight on his shoulders. I didn't care what anyone saw or thought at that moment. I was just overjoyed to see him return.

"Promise me you will stay this time." I pleaded in-between tears and sniffles.

He picked me up from my waist and held me so I could stand.

"I am not going anywhere Sabine. I made you a promise and I plan to keep it." he said in my ear.

My tears of sadness turned to tears of joy and in front of the whole crew I smashed my lips into his.

"Sabine..." He mumbled, "I thought you wanted this to be a secret..."

I pulled away.

"I don't care about that anymore Ezra. I just want you..." I replied before kissing him again.

True, I did want our relationship to be secret, but with how I felt at that moment, I didn't care who was watching. I wanted Ezra to know how much I missed him and I will never leave him.