The Journey of Two

~Ezra

I was late to training again!

'I knew I should not have brought Sabine to the TIE fighter me and Zeb supposedly crashed.' I thought to myself as I ran aboard the 'Ghost'.

I rushed into Kanan's room to see him meditating. His Jedi holocron sitting there on the ground. Kanan opened his eyes. He knew I was there even if he had them closed but that was his way of acknowledging my presence. I tried to act smooth.

"Hey Kanan. Sorry I am late." I said.

"I was with Sabine." I added trying to accuse myself and being some what truthful because I knew I could not totally lie to Kanan.

I was answered with silence.

"So... Can I come in?" I asked through the open doorway.

"You didn't knock so what makes you think you need an invite." Kanan replied hinting at how upset he was at me.

I felt really guilty for making his life so hard every time he was going to try to train me.

"I am sorry Kanan..." I said quietly.

"Then knock next time." Kanan began before I cut him off.

"No, not for that... for missing training." I said to him while taking a seat.

"It's all one and the same. The fact that you don't see it!" Kanan started to yell.

I hated being yelled at so I glared at Kanan. Kanan noticed my change in demeanor. He sighed and lowered his tone of voice.

"When we were on that asteroid Ezra. You made a very dangerous connection through the darkside of the force." Kanan stated.

'How many more times is Kanan going to bring that up with me.' I thought getting more upset with my master.

"So I have to know if..." Kanan paused.

"...you are ready..." Kanan continued before I cut him off.

"I am ready." I complained without knowing what Kanan was going to say.

"Ready for what?" I asked him trying to figure out what I just volunteered for.

"A test. A real challenge. One that will decide if you will become a jedi or not." Kanan said gently knowing how much weight he just dropped on my shoulders.

I became very scared.

"You are the one who said I was a Jedi." I argued not wanting this test to be forced upon me.

"No, I said you had the potential to become a Jedi. Not that you were one." Kanan replied sharply.

"You lack discipline and focus." He added.

"Awe common." I complained.

"You know how I grew up. I am not used to all these rules." I continued before pausing to take a breath and lower my tone of voice.

"I want to become the Jedi you see in me Kanan, but I have a hard time seeing that to be true with myself." I finished saying to Kanan.

"You are lucky that you were not my master's padawan. She would have never let you get away with what..." Kanan started to say.

"... Like what you tried to get away with?" I questioned cutting Kanan off.

"You want a second chance or not." Kanan spouted.

I was shocked by how he reacted and my demeanor switched again.

"If... you're willing to give me one?" I asked humbly.