Choices

~Sabine

“What should we do about this kid Ezra? It is not like he has anywhere else to go especially now that the empire is after him. Plus, who knows he could be beneficial to have around.” said Hera.

“Nothing against the kid, but I personally think he needs to go. He is dishonest, selfish, and downright disrespectful. I can't possibly see why he would be of any help to us and our cause.” replied Zeb.

“I have to disagree with you Zeb. Besides how do you know he is selfish! You just met him! Personally I think we should protect Ezra because you and Sabine out of everyone here knows what the empire does to its prisoners if we were to let him go.” implied Kanan.

I sat there listening to them ramble on for a while just contemplating what to say. But I was conflicted. I didn’t want such a rebellious kid to be tortured or worse killed by the empire, nor did I want him to leave cause deep down inside me, I kinda liked him. He was spunky and was almost an exact reflection of me. He was pretty snotty though, but maybe that's him just being defensive. He has been alone for quite a while so it seems.

“Sabine? What do you think?” asked Hera.

“Hm? Oh… Uh… I mean he sounds like a brat, but maybe that's just because he has lacked anything close to a family for a while. Perhaps we talk to him about who we are and what we do, and if he is interested… and everyone is okay with it... we invite him on our next mission.”

“Ha ha ha ha ha!” Zeb chuckled before being punched on the side by Hera.

“What!? It's a ridiculous plan!” Zeb said before receiving a death stare from Hera.

“Sabine I think that is a great idea. Kanan?” said Hera as she turned back towards me with a much lighter expression.

“Agreed. That sounds like a good plan to me.” Kanan replied.

That made 3 of 5 so it was decided that we would go through with my plan. I just hope I knew what I was doing.

~Ezra

I woke up from my nap. I twisted and turned on the hard bed. Stretching until I was ready to get up. As I sat up and dropped my legs over the side of the bed, the doors to the room flung open. There, in the door opening, stood Sabine.

“Ezra… the crew wishes to speak with you.” said Sabine, “Come to the dining area when you are ready.” She added before she turned and left with the door closing behind her.

I jumped off the bed and walked out of the room. I followed her to the dining area where she let me go first almost as if ready to trap me if I tried to escape. I was instructed to sit down at the table and so I did. Sabine sat next to me to one side and Kanan sat on the other side of me. Hera, to which I was guessing was the twi’lek stood looking at me, almost judging me before I got a chance to speak. And that giant purple beast, Zeb, stared at me with disapproving eyes from across the room.

“Ezra? Do you know who we are and what we do?” asked Hera.

“Steal from the empire? And sell the stolen goods for money?” I replied.

“Well you are partially correct in what we do. But do you know who we are? What we fight for?” Hera asked again.

“No.” I replied.

“We are the crew of this ship. The ship is called the “Ghost” and its has a counterpart known as the “Phantom”. We are rebels fighting against the tyranny of the empire. We steal weapons and sell them to keep us flying high. We also steal food and medical supplies for those who are being oppressed. We are freedom fighters and above all,we are a family.”