Death and Taxes

~Agent Callus

"Sorry to bother you at this late hour, but I have run into a patch of rebels and their leader made very good use... of a light saber." said Callus.

"You did good to call Agent Callus." said a tall and thin man dressed in black and a oddly shaped lightsaber at his hip.

~Ezra

The "Ghost" hovered over Lothal hidden in the cloud's. Me, Kanan, Zeb, and Chopper all stood on top of the "Ghost" as Kanan tried to train me.

After a near death experience because Chopper knocked me off, we went inside and turned on the holonet.

"I interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you more information the Empire doesn't want you to hear. Jedi Master Luminara is Alive! She is being held unjustly and should receive a proper trial. She is being held at a high security prison..."

"Kanan... Who is Luminara?" I asked him seeing his stunned face.

"She was a great Jedi Master and was very disciplined... something you need..." Kanan replied.

I was infuriated. Kanan was getting rid of me. I was sitting on the loading ramp. Chopper rolled up next to me.

"Have you heard... he is getting rid of me." I said to Chopper.

Chopper released a metallic sound and began to try and talk to me. Of course I did not understand him but I appreciated him trying.

Later that night we huddled in the cock-pit and readied our plan of attack.

"Welcome to the best protected prison in the entirety of the empire." said Sabine sarcastically as the hologram map of the building came to light.

"Where do you think we will be able to get in?" I asked the group.

Everyone spewed ideas as soon as they came to mind. Everyone, but Kanan. He sat there staring at the holo-projection of the prison.

"Kanan... do you have any ideas?" asked Hera.

"What if we went in the lower entrance and worked our way to the elevator shafts. From there we would go down to the maximum security cells and after we retrieve Luminara, we go right back out the way we came."

The room stood dead silent.

"That sounds like a good plan to me." said Sabine.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

We arrived at the prison. After dodging all the security measures we hovered above the drop point. Two troopers stood guard. Kanan jumped out and landed in front of them. Before the troopers could fire Kanan yanked their guns out of there hands and into his. A fist fight broke out. Kanan was amazing. He dodged effortlessly, parrying every blow and returning with his own punches and kicks. Almost as soon as the fight started it had ended. One trooper laid down unconscious while one had fallen off the railing and into the abyss below.

I quickly jumped off in pursuit of Kanan and landed less gracefully than anyone else and crashed into the door. After being yelled at by Kanan and scolded for how reckless my action was the doors swung wide open and four more troopers stepped out onto the security deck. Zeb did his usual and two troopers fell unconscious. Sabine used her D-7's on the stun setting and one of the four collapsed. Kanan dealt with the last trooper by force pushing the trooper up and over the ledge.

After catching our breath.

"Okay, well let's not waste any more time." said Sabine.

"I have just been waiting for someone to open the door." remarked Kanan.

Everyone looked at me and I quickly went over and used my sonic spike to unlock and open the door.

"Good work kid." said Kanan

We went over to the turbolift and we all squeezed in.

"Change of plans. The layout of the plans were outdated. Sabine, Zeb. You stay here and guard the turbo lift." stated Kanan.

"Here we go changing the plan again." remarked Sabine.

"Just hope he doesn't change it again." said Zeb in an annoyed manner.

"You know I am standing right here." said Kanan.

"We know." Sabine and Zeb said at the same time still in an annoyed manner.

The turbolift stopped and Kanan stepped out first rendering two troopers unconscious and pulling two more troopers to him, as they came up the hallway, with the force and close-lining them. Zeb walked out into the hallway and dragged the unconscious troopers into the turbolift.

I stepped out of the lift.

"Wow Kanan, you're not messing around this time." I said.

"There is a lot more at stake this time." Kanan said.

"Wait! I have three little miracles." Sabine said as she held out three thermal detonators.

"Everyone take one." she added.

I took one, Zeb took one, and Kanan took one.

Kanan then handed it back to Sabine.

"You need it more than I do." He said.

She gratefully took it and clipped it back onto her belt.

Me and Kanan were some distance from the turbo lift when we rounded a corner where two Stormtroopers stood guard in front of a prison cell. Kanan waved his hand.

"Haven't you heard. The cell for the Jedi is on the next level." said Kanan.

The strangest thing happened because the closest trooper repeated the exact sentence Kanan just said.

Kanan waved his hand again.

"Well, you better get going."

"We better get going." said the other Stormtrooper.

They left in a hurry and Kanan just stood there completely still until they were gone.

"How did you do that!?" I asked Kanan in amazement.

"The Force can be used in many ways." he replied.

Again he waved his hand but this time over the lock mechanism and the door unlocked.

"Master Luminara!" Kanan said in shock.

She did not respond. She looked depressed, sad, and deprived of life. She got up and began to walk towards a wall.

"Master?" Kanan asked again in a gravely concerned manor.

Luminara turned around and leaned into the wall. After she disappeared through the wall I jumped in fear. Luminara was dead! Her bones preserved behind a glass box.

"Yes, Yes. Luminara is dead, but her bones still serve the Empire by luring many Jedi to there

end." said a mysterious voice from behind us.