19 - Protecting the Past

I sit on the beach, digging my hands into the warm sand. I spent the afternoon with Nick, just chilling at home. I hear footsteps approach, then I see Toby sit next to me. I immediately stand up.
"I'll scream if you don't leave" I threaten.
"No you won't, because you're going to want to hear what I have to say"
"Why? Why would I want to hear anything from you?"
"Because it's about your precious brothers"
"What about them?"
He shows me a video on his phone, it has Brax, Heath and Casey all leaving a bank, each holding a bag of cash.
"They were forced to do it, look how young they are it was Danny" I argue.
"Oh I know that, did you know that one of your brothers shot the cashier? The brother that has a daughter and wife, he shot the cashiers leg, and I have the gun with his hand prints on it. One trip to the cop station, with this video and the gun, your brothers are all going to jail"
"What do you want?"
"Now you're interested in helping me! You Braxtons always looking out for each other"
"Tell me what it will take for that video and evidence to disappear, I'll do whatever you want"
"Yes, yes you will. So here is how it's going to go. You're going to get me that money back"
"How? That was I'm guessing a lot of money, I don't even have a job!"
"It was a lot, it was ten grand and your father said that money would go to me, because he was paying me back. Now your father is no where to be found, but you know who is here, you! So, you're going to come stay with me in Mangrove River, and do jobs for me to get me my money"
"If I don't?"
"If you don't, I'll take the evidence to the cops. Brax will be torn from Ricky, the woman he loves most. Heath from his child and pregnant wife, who's baby is due very soon. Then Casey! He's finally found a girl who loves him back just as much as he loves her. Do you want to be the one that ruins there life's?"
I look at him furious.
"We leave tomorrow night, ill meet you here, ten o'clock"
"Saying your goodbyes?"
"No, if I tell them why I leave, they'll try fight you to get me back. It's easier if I just disappear quickly"
"I agree, and if when you come with me, you try to leave, I'll kill them all, starting with the girlfriends. Understand?"
I nod and he smiles, then stands up and begins walking away. I take a deep breath, then put my hands to my mouth, holding in tears.

I walk into the house, as I walk up I bump into Brax leaving his flat.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask.
"Just came to give dinner to Ricky, hey, I want you to know. I know that I've let you down in the past and what you've been through, it's incredible that you're so together. I'm not going to let you get hurt again. I love you"
"I love you too" I respond sadly, looking to the ground.
"Hey, hey. You alright? You'd tell me if anything was wrong right? Promise me, that no matter what rouble you're in or how sad you're feeling, you tell me and you don't give up. Because you are strong and can get though everything, especially when your brothers are here to help you through it"
I look up at him. Everything his saying, but I can't tell him the truth. Not when ur u do his whole life will be ruined.
"I'm fine Brax, I love you, you're the best brother I could ever ask for don't you forget that"
He nods and then I smile and walk past him into the house. I see Nick playing the PlayStation in the couch.
"Are Casey and Denny here?" I ask.
"Nah, they won't get back till late" he answers.
I lock the door and Nick turns around to me confused. I close the blinds fully and then make my way to Nick, I stand in front of him, looking into his eyes.
"I love you. I have loved you since I can remember. I am sorry for hurting you, I made a mistake. You're my person, I love you"
He looks at me confused, but before he can say anything, I take off my shirt and move, sitting on his lap. I move and put my lips on his, kissing him passionately.
"I love you too" he smiles.
I smile, his beautiful smile is all I need to keep my happy. I kiss him back as he takes off his shirt.

I wake up, my body up against Nicks, his arms are holding my tight.
"I told Casey I'll have breakfast with him then hand out why he opens the gym" I groan, sitting up.
"No! Please stay in bed with me" he pleads, pulling me back down.
I laugh as my body lays on top of his.
"You are too good for me Nick" I smile happily.
"You're too good for me. Now go on, go spend time with Case"
I nod and get up, getting dressed then go out into the kitchen, where Casey is waiting.
"You're slow"
"It was Nick making me late I woke up on time"
"I don't even wanna know how he was making you late. Why did I say that? Ew okay come on let's get food I'm hungry" he complains.
I laugh and we walk down to the diner, sitting at a table and ordering food.
"I think I'm going to ask Denny to marry me"
"Woah"
"I know, but, Lil, when I'm with her, it's like everything is perfect. I love her so much, it's-"
"Unexplainable?" I suggest.
"Exactly! I know it's too fast and I am going to wait a couple more months but, I can see her walking down the aisle and me on the other end"
"You're such a romantic Case" I laugh.
He rolls his eyes and looks to his watch, saying we better get to the gym. Once we are at the gym, I sit up on the counter whilst he get sit set up. I text Toby and tell him to meet me at the same spot to pick me up in fifteen minutes and to drop by my house, no one is home anymore, to grab the black bag from my room.
"You know how you boys say you'll do anything to protect me. I will do anything to protect you. You're all amazing people and none of you get the happiness you deserve. But now, you all have happiness now and that's good! I would do anything to protect you and your happiness" I declare.
Case walks over to me and puts his hands on my knees as they dangle over the desk.
"Lillie, why are you saying all of this?"
"Nothing, just, a dream I had last night. It doesn't matter just, promise me you know that I would do anything to protect you?"
"Yes, okay I know" he nods, "Just like we would do anything to protect you"
"But you can't always protect me, sometimes it's okay for you to not protect me-"
"Lil I don't understand what's going on with you right now?"
I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tightly.
"I love you Casey"
"I love you too" he sighs.
The door opens and I see people walk in. I jump down and quietly say goodbye then walk out. I go to the beach which is only a couple of steps away and see Roby leaning against his ute.
"Hello gorgeous-"
"Lets go, now" I state.
"Lillie? Lillie don't! No!" I hear Casey yelling.
"Drive" I demand and get into the passenger seat, Toby gets in fast and drives off.
I look in the rear view mirror and see Casey running, but eventually we are too far away and he stops.