6 - Hungover

Brax POV
I got a call from Nick saying he's bringing Lil home. She snuck out and got drunk at a party, which is not like her at all. I hear the door open and see Nick, Lillie has her arms around his neck, he holds her body in his arms.
"She fell asleep, in just going to go put her in the bed"
I nod and watch as he walks her down.

Nick POV
I put her down in the bed, I take off her shoes and put the sheet over her.
"Thank you Nick, you're a great friend" she sighs tiredly.
"So are you Lil, you're gonna be okay, I'll make sure of it" I assure her, then kiss her cheek as her eyes close and she goes to sleep.
"I love you" her voice says quietly.
I look to her in shock.
"I love you too" I realise.
I walk out of her room, closing her door quietly, going into the living room.
"She was okay when I got there, actually she was laughing but, I think we can thank the alcohol for that sadly" I admit.
"Nick, thanks for being there mate. You're-I owe you a lot"
"It's nothing Brax, she's, she's my best friend. I'd do anything for her"
"Yeah, and you love her"
"What? Why would you say that?" I stutter.
"It's obvious mate, she loves you too. Just letting you know, when ever you two figure it out, we all approve"
"All?"
"Me and the boys. Come on mate, we ain't blind" he chuckles.
"Were just friends" I assure him, "Anyway, I have to go. You mind calling me when she wakes up in the morning?"
"Yeah, no problem" he says.
I nod and then leave the house. Lillie said she loves me, and I said it back. She was drunk and I wasn't. Did I mean it? I mean of course I love her, I do, I've always loved her.

Lillie POV
My head is pounding. I'm still in my dress from last night when I get up and walk into the kitchen. I get myself a glass of water.
"Coming home drunk, nice" Casey teases, "How's the head?"
"It's fine, back off" I hiss.
"Oh really?" Brax asks annoyed.
"Look yell at me all you want. I don't care, go for it, just make it quick" I say.
"You're fifteen, going to a party that Stewart West hosts, and you get drunk off your face. In what world did you think that would be smart?"
"Oh, I don't know Brax. Why, you didn't think it was smart?"
"Don't act smart Lil. This isn't you-"
"Don't you know Brax, my last name is Braxton. Drinking, partying, that all comes with the name"
"No it doesn't"
"Not with me, because I'm the girl Braxton. I'm getting changed then going for a surf, you got anything else to say?"
"No" he sighs.
"Good. You're hurting my head"
I am walking to my room and I see Heath standing.
"What?"
"I'm here if you need me, we all are" he states.
I walk past him into my room. I change into my swimmers, putting a shirt over me and then grab my board and walk down to the beach. When I get to the beach, I see Nick waiting, standing with his board.
"How'd you know?"
"Brax texted me, I asked him too last night"
"Thanks for last night, bringing me home and all"
"It was fine. About, what you said last night-"
"I'm sorry. I don't remember anything from last night at all. Did I say something mean or out of line? If I did I'm so sorry"
"No, no it's fine. It's forgotten, lets go for a surf"
I smile nodding. But I do remember what I said. I told him I loved him, I just can't remember how he responded and I don't think I want to know if he didn't say I love you too. After our surf, we walk up and sit on the sand, when Stew walks past.
"Aye! We're having a party soon, sort of like a party for the hang over, wanna come over?"
"No, she doesn't Stew, you remember what I said?" Nick glares standing up to him.
I quickly stand up between them.
"Nick! Chill out! I can make my own decisions!" I explain mad, then I turn to Stew, "I'll be there"
"Got to say, I love the new you Lil! It's hot!" he grins and walks away.
"Lillie, are you kidding me-"
"Are you kidding me? Since when did you think you had the right to tell me what to do? I make my own decisions Nick, you're my friend and that's all" I argue.
"Yeah, well that's clear now. You want to go get pissed with Stewart West? Then go, see if I care. Don't come running back to me when you're too drunk to walk home" he shouts.
"Trust me, I won't"
I storm off, I decide to just go straight to Stew's. When I get there, it's just like last night. A lot of people, loud music and heaps of alcohol. I put my board down, chuck my hoodie and shorts on them walk inside. A couple people I don't recognise say hey as I walk through, must have seen me last night. I find the drinks and pour myself a cup of vodka, taking it all down in one gulp. Stew walks over to me laughing.
"Hey Lil! How's it going babe? Good to see you here!"
"Yeah" I nod blandly, taking another cup full of vodka.
"What's whappened? Where's all the fun gone? Come on, you're a Braxton lighten up baby" he argues, moving towards me, putting his hand on my ass.
I shove him back.
"Don't touch me Stew, I mean it" I glare.
"Aw, come on Lillie! Have some fun gorgeous!" he chuckles, moving his body on mine and holding me against the wall.
"Get off Stew, I mean it Stew!"
"Oi, I think she said get off" Brax demands.
I turn and see him, Heath and Casey. The whole house goes quiet as the boys walk towards Stew who has gotten of me.
"G'day boys, we were just having a little bit of fun, no need to-"
Heath shoved him hard and he falls on to the ground.
"Well you stop having fun with my sister, or I swear to god I'll-"
"Heath!" I stop.
Brax steps forward and kneels down to Stew.
"If I find out, you've seen or talked to my sister again, I'll be paying you another visit, expect, it won't be this nice" he chuckles, clearly scaring Stew.
Brax stands up and looks to me. I start walking out, the boys behind me. When we get outside, I turn around to the boys.
"Again? The day after? Lil, what's going on with you? Please talk to us" Casey pleads.
"I know you all hate me and I deserve it! The last few days I've hardly been talking to you and when I do I snap or be rude. So hate me, I don't care that's good-"
"We don't hate you Lil! We just want to know what's going on in your head. How do you feel?" Heath declares.
"What's in my head? All I feel, is pain Heath! And I keep it all inside to myself, because I'd rather the pain destroy me, then anyone else! I'm pushing you all away because of it" I confess.
"You aren't pushing us away because we aren't leaving. We are right here and I know you're in pain, let us help you" Brax pleads.
"Okay, okay. You know I love you boys right? And I'm so sorry"
Brax nods.
"We know Lil, of course we know and you don't have to be sorry, at all"